I recently got a Jackson JS30WR and I love it but I would like to replace the neck. It's bolt-on of course. Does anyone know if all Jackson import necks are compatible? I seem to remember reading somewhere that they were. Thanks and keep rockin'! \m/
i've heard plenty people have replaced those kinda necks with ones from more expensive models
Equipment:
PRS SE custom Cherryburst
dean razorback V (green/black) currently on ebay
Digitech Death metal pedal [wanting to sell - £15]
Zoom G1X [wanting to sell - £25]
Line6 UX1 (with metal shop add on)
Quote by BIGRED924
Does anyone know of any threads that discuss this subject?

you ever heard of the searchbar?
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
aren't the necks on all of the jackson models pretty similar? unless its the sharkfins your going for. i have 2 jacksons (a kelly and rr3) and a friend of mine has an sl3 and they all feel pretty similar to me neck wise - other than that the sl3 has a neck through.
after a certain year, jackson changed the size of the screws for their necks. i cant remember if they got bigger or smaller. anyway, if they were the wrong size you would just have to make the holes in either the neck or the body bigger. if it came down to it, you could use a dowl rod and some wood glue/sawdust mix to fill the hole back in again and just drill the right size in the neck. ebay usually has a big selection of jackson necks but theyre almost all cut for a locking nut. personally. i dont like the look of a normal nut where a locking would would normally be but you could probably make a longer truss rod cover to fix that.

EDIT: to coben, i have an old kelly and it originally had a pretty thick neck on it. its a lot more then all other jacksons ive played
Last edited by Spuds27 at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by metalhead_c-1
you ever heard of the searchbar?

Yep and I've also heard of a douchebag!