hi.

you know when you get feedback with you're amp, sounds awesome. but sounds sik when you get feedback when you bend a string, till now i can only get when i accidentally do it.

any help would be awesome, thanks
Turn up the volume
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you can bend and tap a harmonic...

if you want feed back all you really need to do is turn your guitar toward the amp and use lots of gain...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
^^ not all notes feedback though. You need to be on a harmonic node.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
^^ not all notes feedback though. You need to be on a harmonic node.

what you mean for the leaning the guitar towards the amp thing? for tapping the harmonic you just have to tap a fret 5, 7 or 12 notes away from the one you're fretting.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
TS: are you talking about feedback or harmonics?
konfyouzd: you're the only one here talking about harmonics...??? he explicitly said feedback.
Quote by timeconsumer09
konfyouzd: you're the only one here talking about harmonics...??? he explicitly said feedback.

Two or three others have and I think that he has mistaken feedback for a tapped harmonic or something.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Two or three others have and I think that he has mistaken feedback for a tapped harmonic or something.

When you're playing at high volumes with some gain, some of your sustained notes will start to sound a few octaves up (I'm not quite sure how it all works) when you hold them out long enough. I think that's what he's talking about.
Use lots of distortion on a higher volume, and play close to the amp.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by timeconsumer09
When you're playing at high volumes with some gain, some of your sustained notes will start to sound a few octaves up (I'm not quite sure how it all works) when you hold them out long enough. I think that's what he's talking about.

Now that I think about it, that has happened to me. I would think mids could give you more feedback.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
More volume gives you feedback - feedback is physical.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by timeconsumer09

Yes, and like I Said, these happen on the harmonic nodes.

Pump up the gain, and do a vibrato on the 7th fret B string, it will go into ever lasting feedback.

That feedback is the natural harmonic on the 7th fret.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Yes, and like I Said, these happen on the harmonic nodes.

Pump up the gain, and do a vibrato on the 7th fret B string, it will go into ever lasting feedback.

That feedback is the natural harmonic on the 7th fret.

Well that explains it! never knew that, thanks!