I searched around but, no real answers.

I've been staying up wayyyyy too late, like 7am or later. It's hard to go to sleep, and thus wake up at a decent hour if I have something to do. So my idea was to not sleep and stay up till say 9 or 10pm to get back on schedule. I just had a thought though, if i skip a sleep will i just sleep double the next time i sleep? Anyone know?
That's the best way of getting back to a normal sleeping pattern.

Skip a nights sleep, so you are completely knackered and can pick whatever time you want to go to sleep.
That never worked for me!
I woke up about 2/3pm & then stayed awake all night, & the next day & ended up going to sleep about 3am on the third day!
I'm sure it's supposed to work though, could always try it
I get extreme insomnia sometimes, and I do what you suggested. Just skip a night.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by The_Casinator
You'll get extremely paranoid if you don't sleep enough.

It's really funny!

When I don't get enough sleep, I get extremely angry. I argue with whatever anyone says. I also stayed up all night playing SC4 on my ps3 so I will try to stay up until 10pm, any tips on staying awake?
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Quote by PinoyxRockar
When I don't get enough sleep, I get extremely angry. I argue with whatever anyone says. I also stayed up all night playing SC4 on my ps3 so I will try to stay up until 10pm, any tips on staying awake?

Don't use any of the normal stay awake methods, since in essence you are trying to go to sleep. Just exercise, eat normal foods, read and play video games, etc. Avoid caffeine, and staring at the computer for long amounts of time. Exercise is the most beneficial, since it will ultimately tire you and you should sleep well tonight.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
INSOMNIACS UNITE!

But seriously, if youre having problem see a MD
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
coffee.
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
i've been going through this the past few nights...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Two days ago, I went to bed at 2 AM and woke up at 4 PM yesterday. So then I stayed up till 5 AM and woke up at noon today. I feel fine. My suggestion is to try to go to sleep when you do (7 AM I'm guessing), but wake up at noon. Then take a short nap in the afternoon, and you should be on your way to a better sleeping schedule.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I'm in the same position i go to bed at 3am and i get up at 9am

i feel like Edward Norton from Fight Club.
One word to take a look at, Trazodone. It's good stuff, I take it when I need to sleep and can't do it myself.

One word to avoid, Ambien. Unless you want to wake up trying to making a grilled cheese sandwich in the bath tub, I'd suggest you stay away from it.

Talk to your MD about some sleep aids, and mention Trazodone, it's a good drug that isn't habit forming and it's just enough to put you to sleep when you need it.