I was wondering the other day...what happens if you win a bid on an item and you give them a fake address and don't pay them?
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Then someone at a different address never gets the item.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by Thebiz
I was wondering the other day...what happens if you win a bid on an item and you give them a fake address and don't pay them?

They IP ban you and you can't buy stuff from E-Bay again.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
you don't get the item.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by Ur all $h1t
They IP ban you and you can't buy stuff from E-Bay again.

That seems like a slap on the wrist. Can't you just change your IP address?
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Four men in a van grab you off the street, break your legs, and take you swimming.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by PinoyxRockar

This.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by PinoyxRockar

They can figure out that you're doing that, just like they do on UG.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
They can figure out that you're doing that, just like they do on UG.

also, they have your bank account and can figure out who you are and can sue you for fraud and breach of contract (failing to pay)

dont mess around on ebay, you can get in alot of trouble if you piss someone off.
Quote by CoreysMonster
also, they have your bank account and can figure out who you are and can sue you for fraud and breach of contract (failing to pay)

dont mess around on ebay, you can get in alot of trouble if you piss someone off.

Ya, they can contact local law enforcement of the internet fraud complaint centre
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Hobble
Four men in a van grab you off the street, break your legs, and take you swimming.

Yeah this.
I don't know 'bout you guys, but I never ship an item before I received the money.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
I don't know 'bout you guys, but I never ship an item before I received the money.

also, this.
You will get caught by Hilary Clinton and she'll torture you for about two hours. Then they'll take all your money, your girlfriend and your cat and leave to buma-livion.
True story.
Quote by PinoyxRockar

lol DSL gives you a "lease" on different IP addresses for the day, but it doesn't matter. Ebay probably has some kind of program that logs all activity and if there is fraudulent activity, you'll get banned. There's no warning system like on other sites.

Normally, people won't send you the item until they get their payment. Back in the day, you could purchase the item with a personal check or money order, that's getting pretty rare. Everything is either Paypal or credit/debit now.
Last edited by Illiad86 at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by Hobble

lmao

xD
Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
Quote by Green_Jelly

My friends got a free Wii this way.
Once I accidently bid on two items that were the exact same, and forgot about the other one I bid on. Anyways I only use ebay like twice a year. I recently got on and Ebay had given me a 6 month suspension probation thing for "failing to pay" the thing is, its not really a crime since the company only ships after payment goes through.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"