Page 1 of 3
so i was just on the marshall website and they have a new amp coming out

http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=Class5

its called the class 5, a 5 watt tube amp probably to rival similar models from big companies such as vox and fender. looks amazing the only problem is it has neither an attenuator like the vox ac4 or no master volume but still pretty cool
Fender American Deluxe Strat, Epiphone Firebird Studio Worn Cherry, Adam Black S5ce

Dunlop Crybaby, Korg Pitchblack, Keeley BD-2, Proco Vintage Rat, MXR Script Phase 90, Danelectro Chorus, Marshall Echohead

Peavey Classic 30
Could this be the new MG?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I find it strange that they have a whole flash thingy made just to look at 4 knobs. That they have a specification sheet, but nowhere you can lsiten to a sound clip
Hmmm *strokes beard* Interesting.... I shall have to play one
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I'm not into small, class A amps.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I have this will be meh...
Nowhere near as bad as an MG, but not that great either...
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
Considering it's a Marshall there is no doubt it'll be over-priced, and to be honest I'm not expecting anything great from it.
Quote by AdamDK
Considering it's a Marshall there is no doubt it'll be over-priced

I bet it'll be $300-ish
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
What happened to the marshall haze?
Quote by Kumanji
The only thing that matters in music these days is money - genuinely talented artists are passed over entirely or corraled into making non-offensive, non-threatening average music that sells.
Quote by zomghax
What happened to the marshall haze?

probably like Vox's Nightrain amp and Ac4; with the Ac4 like this Class5 and Nightrain like the Haze.
The promo blurb sounds like a line of total crap. How do you get sparkling cleans, full-bodied crunch, and glorious lead tones with only a volume control?
^Just like they did with the early one channel amps maybe?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
I'm not expecting anything great, but it may be something to watch.
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
I have high hope's for this.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by acdcrocks0323

It will probably be as good as the other offerings by companies making 5 watt amps.

Yeah, probably, but it will almost certainly be at least 1.5-2x more expensive.
Quote by fly135
The promo blurb sounds like a line of total crap. How do you get sparkling cleans, full-bodied crunch, and glorious lead tones with only a volume control?

Thats easy...

Guitar

5w Marshall

Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 28, 2009,
Looks quite lame. If you are in the market for a 5 watt tube amp, the Blackstar HT-5 would be undoubtedly superior. With no MV, bedroom players can't get any sort of "singing lead tone" because 5 tube watts are still pretty dang loud.
its gonna be around £300
http://www.dv247.com/invt/66796/
Fender American Deluxe Strat, Epiphone Firebird Studio Worn Cherry, Adam Black S5ce

Dunlop Crybaby, Korg Pitchblack, Keeley BD-2, Proco Vintage Rat, MXR Script Phase 90, Danelectro Chorus, Marshall Echohead

Peavey Classic 30
I have a feeling that it will be greatly over priced and won't offer anything amazing - just like every other modern production Marshall on the market.
Could be good, could be bad. I had my doubts about the vintage modern but it turned out to be one of my favorite amps when i tried it.

we'll have to see. If its over 350 usd then it might be a little pricey for what it is...
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
yea the no master volume might put me off

Peavey Classic 30
I'm guessing Marshall is using this to combat the ex-Marshall employees that designed the Blackstar ht-5
a bit off topic but arent laney also releasing a low watt tube amp called the laney Cub? so that means pretty much of all the main british amp producers have now produced a low watt tube amp?
If I wanted a 5 watt tube amp, I would get a Blackheart.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Well its made in the UK factory so it will be $$$.
Looks pretty good to me though.
Marshall Class5 pre-amp uses two ECC83 (12AX7) double triode valves and the power amp contains just a single EL84 pentode valve.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Why?

I think he's confusing Blackheart with Blackstar.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by fly135

Volume knob/box/pedal + overdrive for leads, the same way I do it with my single channel, single volume amp.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Well since it's made in England I guess it will be pricey and thus not worth it. A Blackheart Little Giant has the same features and will probably be cheaper and I think it does a great Marshall tone!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Page 1 of 3