couldnt find a thread or list of good metal or rock bands that use drop c tuning
i already know in flames and bullet for my valentine
im lookin for some new stuff to play around with on bass and im starting to mess around with drop c
children of bodom
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
August Burns Red, some As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, if you want to play D Standard you could do All That Remains, Darkest Hour.

I don't know those are just a few that I know off the top of my head.
Hope it helps
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
erm theres killswitich engage a few three days grace songs do as i lay dying atreyu (i think) august burns red bleeding through arch enemy thats all i can think of at the moment
As I Lay Dying, Children of Bodom, Chimaira, some Disturbed, Darkest Hour, DevilDriver on The Last Kind Words, System Of A Down, many more. Will add more if I think of them.

Do you mean C-G-C-F-A-D or C-F-A#-E-B-C (I think that's it...)? Some people get confused and call it Drop C when it's actually C Standard or vice versa. If it's the latter, there are a few more names I can give you.
Last edited by FryingNemo at Jul 28, 2009,
there is a thread about this every other week, Children of bodom, august burns red, new Ozzy stuff, zack wylde stuff, alot of core bands use that tunning, underminded, you can play some motley crue songs in that tunning or d standard
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
cradle of filth
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by notsominidude
erm theres killswitich engage a few three days grace songs do as i lay dying atreyu (i think) august burns red bleeding through arch enemy thats all i can think of at the moment

C Standard is not Drop C.

If you go D Standard you can play some Death, Atheist (I think), Nightwish and a lot of other Metal bands. Becoming the Archetype plays in Drop C and has some cool basslines in their first album.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Thrice!!!
Here is a lesson in creative writing. First rule: Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.
-Kurt Vonnegut
i dont know how you could get confused between drop C and C standard. C standard is every string tuned down 2 steps, drop C is all but the E string (E when in E standard) down one step and the E string down two steps. dont see how its that confusing.
can someone recommend some songs thatre fun for bass?
Mastodon uses Drop C on a lot of their songs, but some use D Standard (not hard to get to from Drop C) and some Drop the top to A (but keep the rest 1 step down). So play some Mastodon.
In my opinion I think you should go a little lower on the tuning and try to play some Born of Osiris. Also, Between the Buried and Me have a pretty sick bassist
Thrice (since The Artist in the Ambulance, Drop C# for The Illusion of Safety, E standard for old old stuff)
The Red Jumpsuit Appratus
Anberlin
talk to me
and i better not hear a word
do me baby
i better not feel it girl
i still got one bullet left in my nine
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

lovecrimes -- frank ocean

Tumblr
Last edited by Fearless(Times) at Jul 29, 2009,
The Faceless

And a lot of deathcore bands like Born of Osiris
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Nickelback has used Drop-C in two of their albums. "The Long Road", had it on almost every song. "All the Right Reasons", used it for a few songs also.
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
Mastodon uses Drop C on a lot of their songs, but some use D Standard (not hard to get to from Drop C) and some Drop the top to A (but keep the rest 1 step down). So play some Mastodon.

2-3 songs are not a lot.
For less heavy stuff: Shinedown, also some songs by Black Stone Cherry
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey