I used the searchbar on UG and Google, got nothing.

So with Logic, I know if you plug in a keyboard you get all those preset sounds/instruments and whatnot. Now if I don't have a keyboard how can I use logic to record with my guitar?
There be no shelter here.
I don't fully understand what you're saying. To record guitar you need to create an audio track, set the input to whatever input your guitar is on, and then hit record.

If you're talking about getting preset patches for your guitar you can do this by clicking on the Channel Strip Setting button, (which is above the little EQ display box on a track in either the mixer or inspector). Then go to Guitars from the list and you should have a lot of different channel settings for you to try out to get different sounds.

Apologies if i've misunderstood
Yea, the second part of your answer is what I'm talking about pretty much. However, I'm having trouble finding the buttons. Does my guitar need to be hooked up for that to show up? I still haven't actually set it up with Logic yet, but here's a picture of what I'm looking at if you could point out anything.

edit: Oh, I think I found what you're talking about now.

That would mean that I can only use the presets in Garageband, which defeats the point of using Logic. Is there a way to get more presets? That's what I was talking about with using a keyboard in Logic because like DP5 you get all those presets in it.
Last edited by courtkid1012 at Jul 29, 2009,
Mmhmm, its on the left-hand side. Where you have the two meters? The left hand one is for the currently selected track, the right-hand one is the main output. You want to be looking at the left-hand one.
Look where it says Input 1, then above this is "sends" which are currently blank. Above this are plug-in slots for the channel. Above that is a box representing EQ, then above that is a box which says "Setting" Thats the box you want to click on, and you should get a list

EDIT:

Oh, erm, you might want to check you're installation. You should have got a load of discs with Logic which contains a lot of content? Don't know if you're on Logic Pro or Logic Express, i know that logic pro comes with these discs though.
Last edited by shmooty at Jul 29, 2009,
Oh, alright I'll have to check that out then. Thanks.

1 more question if you could... since I don't have a keyboard is there a way to do drums? I can probably go through and create notes (I forget what it's called, when you go back and fix notes and change pitch, length, etc.)
Quote by courtkid1012
Oh, alright I'll have to check that out then. Thanks.

1 more question if you could... since I don't have a keyboard is there a way to do drums? I can probably go through and create notes (I forget what it's called, when you go back and fix notes and change pitch, length, etc.)

Erm, if you go to Options and then click "Step Input Keyboard" you can click on the notes and it will generate midi to play a sampler or synth.

Or you should be able to use you're macs keyboard to play it, by pressing the Caps Lock key. This should bring up an interface allowing you to use the macs keypad as an 18-note keyboard. If you do this and load up the sampler in logic you will be able to play drum samples with your keypad
Haha, ok one more question (hopefully).

I recorded into a garageband drums preset, but when I hit play there's no sound. It registers input on the left hand side though. What's wrong?

You need to create a Software Instrument track for midi, you've currently got it on an audio track. You select the track type when you create a new track Then load up the drum preset and it should work.

Ahhh thank you so much. I completely forgot about all the basic stuff. I'm sure I'll be able to figure this all out. It's like a combination of all the other DAWs I've used. Thank you soooo much