Any suggestions on a new guitar? Mines a certified POS, but I like the Les Paul body style but don't want to drop a grand on a guitar. Any suggestions?
Useless thread is useless

Budget?
Genres/Bands you play?
Used or new?
Nearest Major City?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 28, 2009,
These day's if i'm spending less then a grand on a guitar it's going to be used no matter what it is. The improvement you can get in quality is just to great to ignore.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I've got a Fender Princeton 65 amp, and I play everything. I'll probably end up going with something used because my budget is in the $400-$800 range.
Have you looked into the LTD EC series? You have enough for a new EC-400 which are great guitars, but they are geared more to the heavy side with their SD or EMG pickups. If not just look around for some used LPs in your area.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Yeah, but I'm looking for something a little more versatile.
Gibson Signature Les Paul
Fender Princeton 65
Dunlop Hendrix CryBaby
LTD EC 401VF w/ SD pickups is pretty versatile man, like I wouldn't know how much more versatile you would want to get with it.
you could get a EC1000 w/ duncans and try and get 20% from musicians friend (it isn't that hard.)
also, i've been playing a Schecter C1 Classic and it's pretty good at covering alot of grounds. and isn't exactly a les paul shape, but it'll be pretty versatile.
I've been looking at Schecter's and Ibanez's but didn't know anyone that had a Schecter. My buddy plays PRS.
Fender Princeton 65
Dunlop Hendrix CryBaby
Quote by willdarby
I've been looking at Schecter's and Ibanez's but didn't know anyone that had a Schecter. My buddy plays PRS.

Well it doesn't mean you should too.

do you have any music stores close to you?
preferably that carry ESP guitars?
Yeah I don't want a PRS I was just saying. The only one close to me is Guitar Center and I think they do. I think I'm going later today to see if there is anything that can be done to mine so I'll have to look. I've been looking at a Strat because I like bluesy stuff, but I really want a legit Les Paul.
Fender Princeton 65
Dunlop Hendrix CryBaby
Les Paul can do bluesy...

just puttin this out there, but i have an Agile AL-2000 (the lowest one), and i love this thing. It's amazing...for the price anyway. Lol

Here: www.rondomusic.com
just search for "Agile Al"
Last edited by TheBax at Jul 29, 2009,
See I just haven't looked around enough. Oh well. It's gonna be a while before I actually get one anyway. Thanks for all the tips though, and the Agile looks pretty sweet.
Fender Princeton 65
Dunlop Hendrix CryBaby
Probably gonna have to go with a Strat though, just because.
Fender Princeton 65
Dunlop Hendrix CryBaby
You just need to "browse" around the internet for a few days straight. haha

Definately try out everything at Guitar Center that catches your eye,
and come back and let us know how it goes. =D
Quote by willdarby
are you serious?
dude, you just need a new amp if THAT's your guitar...
Last edited by TheBax at Jul 29, 2009,
Alright I definately will... I'm gonna go drool all over their floor later today.
Fender Princeton 65
Dunlop Hendrix CryBaby