Howdy.

So, yesterday afternoon I got back home from working at the Wickerman festival (if anyone was there and say a guy in a furry hat stoting around, probably drunk as hell, holla! ).

The festival over all was really nice, the weather behaved itself for the most part and there were a few good acts, plus the police presence was much smaller than earlier years, which made alot of things easier.

I was really shocked by the ammount of stuff left by people who were camping at the festival though. Me and some of the people I went there with went around to see what had been left, and I was astonished. There were tons of tents, chairs, various foods and drinks, and **** heaps of other litter, all blowing about the place in the first wind of the weekend (except, funnily enough, a kite I saw lieing on the ground. It wasn't blowing about).

Why would people leave tents and stuff they'd paid so much money for? And even if they didn't want it, or couldn't be ****ed spending 5 minutes repackaging it and sticking it in their vehicle, why not at least take it to one of the bins? Alot of the tents looked like they had only been used once!

I can't complain too much, since I now have a new tent chair and managed to grab a can of pear cider, but just this ridiculous, collective negligence just results in the ruinging of someones property and the pointless redirecting of the price people paid for tickets.

/rabblings.

tl;dr, Bunch of lazy chavs left **** tons of crap at their arses which just ends up inconveniencing everyone, and have thus, pissed me off.

Discuss.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
well.. the likelihood is that the tents didn't actually cost that much.

quit bitching, you didn't know them.. they don't give a ****. unless it's your field, then you can be as aggrieved as you want to be.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

That movie sucked. The song rules though.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
i thought this was gonna be a sequel to the movie...
which strangely enough is the only nicholas cage movie i liked because he goes nuts and dies
Quote by Union Jake

Long story short, 10 minutes later we were all sat there jerking off. (Our own, not each others)

Quote by Union Jake
How am i gay? I was jerking it to the women, and i didn't look at my roomates things.
Quote by itchy guitar

We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Did you burn Nicholas Cage at this "festival"?
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by stephen_rettie
usually its a lot easier to just leave a tent, they dont cost THAT much and probably wont be used until the next festival.

So because they can shill out £15 on a new tent they get to fill landfills, needlessly?

And again, there were tents left 10 feet away from the nearest bin, pegged to the ground.

Quote by kxy1992
Did you burn Nicholas Cage at this "festival"?

Quote by ian_R976
i thought this was gonna be a sequel to the movie...
which strangely enough is the only nicholas cage movie i liked because he goes nuts and dies

The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by itchy guitar

*WHEW* I was afraid this thread was about a sequel to the movie >_>

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by stephen_rettie
usually its a lot easier to just leave a tent, they dont cost THAT much and probably wont be used until the next festival.

But the point is that it's shocking how wasteful people are. Sure, a tent doesn't cost that much to us, but to some a shelter isn't even an option, yet people in our culture just toss stuff aside because they're too lazy to take a couple minutes to pack up. One day we'll get a real painful reality check, we can't be so careless and wasteful forever.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by TheBurningFish

Touche

Too be honest though, I didnt hate the Nicholas Cage remake. Actually... I dont hate Nicholas Cage
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there

"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington