goddamnit I just bought a new guitar 4 days ago and now the 3 first strings are already rust!? how could that be? It's an ibanez RG350... I had a cheap guitar before that one but it actually took 5 months for the 1 dollar strings to rust however this guitars strings rust after 4 days!
The strings were probably already old, where did you buy it from?
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Well i bought it from Musikbörsen, music store in sweden... but i doubt they were THAT old....
It happens... Every time I buy EB's they corrode within a week. It's the environment you keep the guitar in and the strings
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
how easy is it to change strings. it takes longer to post this nonsense
Elixers dont do this but some people hate the coating on them but im fine with them and they last around 8 months for me.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
They were probobly on the guitar while it hung on the wall for who knows how long.
how strange... I keep it in the gig bag... well its a ****ign pain to change the strings because i have tremolo
First off, get new strings. Then next time you play wash your hands first. It removes all oils from your hands and your strinks will last at least twice as long. And also, at least once a month run Dunlop Ultraglide 65 String Cleaner over all of your stings. It works.
My Gear:
Taylor 410CE
Fender Highway One Strat HSS
Egnater Rebel 112X
Egnater Rebel 20
Digitech RP350
PIRATES!!!

Quote by VolumeControl
I once hypnotized my pet rock,. He just sat there...hypnotized out of his mind.
I use Dunlop 65 string cleaner on my strings. I clean them right after I put them on and before and after playing. It's also good to wash your hands before playing, when you can.

~SD
Quote by pjuckazz
how strange... I keep it in the gig bag... well its a ****ign pain to change the strings because i have tremolo

I have a tremolo too. It takes a minute per string. And if your on UG than you obviously don't have anything important to do so don't say you don't have time
My Gear:
Taylor 410CE
Egnater Rebel 112X
Egnater Rebel 20
Digitech RP350
PIRATES!!!

Quote by VolumeControl
dunlop formula 65 string cleaner dude
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by warrpigg1969
I use Dunlop 65 string cleaner on my strings. I clean them right after I put them on and before and after playing. It's also good to wash your hands before playing, when you can.

~SD

Where did you hear that? lol
My Gear:
Taylor 410CE
Egnater Rebel 112X
Egnater Rebel 20
Digitech RP350
PIRATES!!!

Quote by VolumeControl
Quote by pjuckazz

I don't see why everyone has such a problem with changing strings on a tremolo. Fold up some cardboard, wrap it with tape and block your trem. Cut & remove strings, clean fretboard, put new strings in, tighten block for each one, tune.

As long as you don't drastically change your string gauge no adjustment is necessary. I usually take my old packet into the store and buy the exact same gauge.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Juadafi
I don't see why everyone has such a problem with changing strings on a tremolo. Fold up some cardboard, wrap it with tape and block your trem. Cut & remove strings, clean fretboard, put new strings in, tighten block for each one, tune.

To make it easier, you can just do one string at a time to keep tension on the trem, which is fine as long as you don't want to clean your fretboard.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Quote by rtmilster
To make it easier, you can just do one string at a time to keep tension on the trem, which is fine as long as you don't want to clean your fretboard.

Exactly. How much easier can it get?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
dunno man. people worry way too much about it for some reason. i use a pegwinder to help. i suppose for the ultimate in easy stringing you could get one of those powered peg winders, which is a little ridiculous.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5