ok, heres what happened so far. i recently bought a 1-spot power adapter with the daisey chain and its been working just fine. until recently, that is. now, whenever i turn on my boss metal zone pedal, i get NO SOUND. and then i turn it off and its fine again. i tried different cables, different connectors, different guitars, taking the batteries out of all my boss pedals, putting the original power adapters into my EQ and whammy pedal, taking out the adapter and running on battery power, and nothing. any other suggestions other than sending it to repair? because i'm not going to wait for weeks to get one of the main componants in my effect chain fixed.
no sound from your metal zone and you're COMPLAINING? Usually when I hear a swarm of bees I start running.

now in all seriousness. if you've already tried all of the things you said you've tried then there's a slim chance its anything other than a worn out component in your pedal. there are fixes you can do yourself im sure but its much safer to send it back to Boss and get another
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
and thats another problem. i'm already buying a pair of PA speakers and my mom says i can't get a 90 dollar pedal on top of this stuff. by the way, i'm 14 so its ok to still live with my parents.
Use the insane channel on your three spiders at once, that should equal a metal zone.

Do you really have all the gear it says on your profile?
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
yeah. and right now, i'm practicing on the marshall 1959HW, so I NEED some serious distortion here. thats why i used the metal zone and the mega distortion together at once.
ouch 3 spiders!!!!

you made up for it with that marshall 1959HW...

you ever try putting all 3 spiders in a circle and cranking them??

Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
WUT! your running the metal zone AND MD 2 at the same time!!?
It must noisy as hell and sound like total **** I say sell two of your crappy spiders and get a GOOD distortion pedal (BTW, when I say good, I'm not talking about Boss)
Quote by nightraven
not much you can do. is it still under warranty? if so i'd send it back. it's better than poking around the inside and voiding the warranty. if it's not under warranty i'd upgrade to a better pedal, repairing it could be more expensive than getting a new one if you're unlucky.

actually, my friend gave me his for my birthday, so there is no warranty. and i already poked around inside, so even if i did have a warranty, it would be void.
Quote by Sguit
WUT! your running the metal zone AND MD 2 at the same time!!?
It must noisy as hell and sound like total **** I say sell two of your crappy spiders and get a GOOD distortion pedal (BTW, when I say good, I'm not talking about Boss)

and i use the noise surpressor to reduce feedback, hum, and buzz. so its fine. and i use one of spiders as a laptop speaker and the other is one with a memory bank, but i use it for my ipod since my marshall is down stairs and my laptop is in my room. and all i want to do is find a way to fix this problem because i found a PERFECT sound with my boss pedals.
Quote by rocker1122
all i want to do is find a way to fix this problem because i found a PERFECT sound with my boss pedals.

Well, you know,, when I started Iwas like you, I'd hook three distortion pedals and put them on at the same time and be OMGz ThAtZ TEH BR00TZALZ! You'll eventually and hopefully grow an ear for tone, and trust me, when that happens you'll regret having paid for the repair of such a crappy pedal. And like I said, according to your profile, you have 5 amps, you are 14 so you obviously are not gigging and touring , and therefore by no means you need 5 amps, especially when 3 of them are crappy. So I would justget rid of some gear and buy some good equipment. You don't seem to realize that when it comes to guitar quality comes before quantity.
I'm just saying that to help, if you still want to repair that piece ****, well do it, waste your time and money.
Quote by rocker1122
yeah. and right now, i'm practicing on the marshall 1959HW, so I NEED some serious distortion here. thats why i used the metal zone and the mega distortion together at once.

The 1959HW should get plenty dirty with just an overdrive...nevermind distortion pedals....

There was a kid the other night playing a 1959RI with 2 HW 4x12's and an OD and it sounded dirty as hell and crunchy as hell too!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Sguit
Well, you know,, when I started Iwas like you, I'd hook three distortion pedals and put them on at the same time and be OMGz ThAtZ TEH BR00TZALZ! You'll eventually and hopefully grow an ear for tone, and trust me, when that happens you'll regret having paid for the repair of such a crappy pedal. And like I said, according to your profile, you have 5 amps, you are 14 so you obviously are not gigging and touring , and therefore by no means you need 5 amps, especially when 3 of them are crappy. So I would justget rid of some gear and buy some good equipment. You don't seem to realize that when it comes to guitar quality comes before quantity.
I'm just saying that to help, if you still want to repair that piece ****, well do it, waste your time and money.

i think i'd rather just waste my time on home repairs and looking at forums to see what might do the trick.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
The 1959HW should get plenty dirty with just an overdrive...nevermind distortion pedals....

There was a kid the other night playing a 1959RI with 2 HW 4x12's and an OD and it sounded dirty as hell and crunchy as hell too!

yeah. but see i play alot of metal and i love doing dimebag squeals and i am a huge pantera fan. and all this heavy **** sounds awesome with the MT-2. so i'm not really looking for dirt or crunch. well, i like the crunch so i'll have that with a very squealing lead sound. i wanna make my amp squeal.
Quote by rocker1122
yeah. but see i play alot of metal and i love doing dimebag squeals and i am a huge pantera fan. and all this heavy **** sounds awesome with the MT-2. so i'm not really looking for dirt or crunch. well, i like the crunch so i'll have that with a very squealing lead sound. i wanna make my amp squeal.

He was doing dimebag quality PINCH HARMONICS and some definite modern metal tone with it, and really...I don't understand how the 1959HW could sound good with that can of bees you call a metal zone in front of it....
I just don't understand why don't buy ONE good distortion pedal, or do as Brendan said, it will sound MUUUUUUUUCH better, seriously. What you are doing cannot sound any good.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
He was doing dimebag quality PINCH HARMONICS and some definite modern metal tone with it, and really...I don't understand how the 1959HW could sound good with that can of bees you call a metal zone in front of it....

well, no that you're talking quality its not about the pedal, its about the settings. and pinch harmonics sound good with 2 distortion pedals and a noise surpressor in front of it.
Quote by rocker1122
well, no that you're talking quality its not about the pedal, its about the settings. and pinch harmonics sound good with 2 distortion pedals and a noise surpressor in front of it.

I'm not denying that they sound better with more dirt...however this kid (actually the same age as you) was getting SICK pinches and some serious metal tone going with just a 1959SLP and a Wylde OD and a Boss ME-50.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I'm not denying that they sound better with more dirt...however this kid (actually the same age as you) was getting SICK pinches and some serious metal tone going with just a 1959SLP and a Wylde OD and a Boss ME-50.

another problem lies there, i cant' afford anymore stuff. i need a PA for my band to rehearse. and i like it the way it is. anyone who has a marshall 1959HW, buy the same pedals i have, i'll give you the settings and listen for yourself. i'm not saying you have to, but anyone who wants to take a listen can play it for themselves.
Quote by rocker1122
another problem lies there, i cant' afford anymore stuff.

DUDE, you have THREE practice amps! just sell one or two, and you will have money for a nice od pedal for boosting your marshall and get good pinch harmonics. Ok, two distortion pedals sound good with pinch harmonics, but I don't want to any kind chords coming out of this, and if you try to gig with this setup, don't be surprised by all the feedback you'll get.
Quote by rocker1122
another problem lies there, i cant' afford anymore stuff. i need a PA for my band to rehearse. and i like it the way it is. anyone who has a marshall 1959HW, buy the same pedals i have, i'll give you the settings and listen for yourself. i'm not saying you have to, but anyone who wants to take a listen can play it for themselves.

I am so confused... you are saying that you NEED the metalzone and this other distortion because you need good pinch harmonics and good metal tone....sure...

However I am telling you from experience that you dont NEED a metalzone and another distortion to get the same effect.... I dunno....I would like to hear clips of your tone, because I have my doubts that it is even close to good with the setup that you are talking about.
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I am so confused... you are saying that you NEED the metalzone and this other distortion because you need good pinch harmonics and good metal tone....sure...

However I am telling you from experience that you dont NEED a metalzone and another distortion to get the same effect.... I dunno....I would like to hear clips of your tone, because I have my doubts that it is even close to good with the setup that you are talking about.

also, i need 2 distortion pedals because when i ever played notes, they'd sound very thin and cut. so i took the MD-2 and turned the distortion up to 11 o clock and thats it. and then i turned down the metal zone to around 2 o clock.
Quote by rocker1122
also, i need 2 distortion pedals because when i ever played notes, they'd sound very thin and cut. so i took the MD-2 and turned the distortion up to 11 o clock and thats it. and then i turned down the metal zone to around 2 o clock.

Theres this thing..... We call it an EQ. Works wonders.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
Quote by rocker1122

Dude, that's how the metal zone sounds like, I say just get a GOOD od pedal and boost your md 2 with it, it will be much quieter and sound much better seriously.
Quote by khfan23
Theres this thing..... We call it an EQ. Works wonders.

if you did your reasearch, then you'd know that i already have an EQ. but i use it for van halen (roth era)
^ he meant the EQ knobs on your amp. the ones you should adjust before even using an EQ pedal. normally I'd face palm this but I think you're better off face palming yourself
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
You know, now that it's broken already, why not try and look for a new pedal and expand and try out new sounds?
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Brendan.Clace and Sguit have said everything that you need to hear. So try to listen.

Your pedal is complete garbage. If you like your tone now, imagine how great it will sound when you get a decent dist pedal.

If you want to waste time trying to fix a pos pedal when you can use that time for practicing/jamming then go for it.

But really. What's the use of posting a thread just to shoot down every response given? I know you like that pedal, but we are giving you the best suggestion of all. Throw that **** in the garbage where it belongs.
I second the motion for Trust Fund Baby to ditch the pedal.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
keep in mind your talking to a 14 year old kid. and ganging up on me isn't solving my problem. and i got another one. i'll take suggestions when i feel like changing my sound.
Seriously kid, listen to these guys they know what they are talking about. I used to had a Metalzone too and honest to god, looking back that was the worst p.o.s I've ever bought for the way it sounded. Here's my advice..

Find a store near you with good selection of pedals, distortion and overdrive. Then ring 'em up and ask if it's be okay for you try this stuff out with your set up. Go in and try a few pedals, don't just jump for Boss 'cos you have a load of them, 'cos honestly for the money you can do a lot better. Really listen to what it sounds like, become enlightened, sell your two Boss distortion pedals and 1/2 spiders (seriously, you can buy some laptop speakers cheap as **** why not just sell that spider!? ) and return home, much happier with your tone.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

its a better way of putting man. thanks. i'll try it when i have the cash, just ordered a PA.