http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_V_35zuiVM&feature=channel_page

this is my semi-instructional cover of Money For Nothing, the guitar is VERY loud, but that can't really be helped because it's played through a Vox AC30, and in order to get the tone right i had to crank it, my speakers for the backing track couldn't keep up.

thanks for viewing

Oh, and the equipment used is:

-2004 gibson les paul standard
-vox AC30
-sony cybershot DSC-W220 camera
- plugged straight-in, no effects or stompboxes
- played fingerstyle (the way it should be!)
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 28, 2009,
great tone, loved the sound! Though I didn't quite see the instructional side of the video, I thought your playing was great. There's something to be said for the meaty, warm sound of an electric finger plucked. Sweet glass reflection too haha
Quote by jables23092
great tone, loved the sound! Though I didn't quite see the instructional side of the video, I thought your playing was great. There's something to be said for the meaty, warm sound of an electric finger plucked. Sweet glass reflection too haha

Gotta agree with him, It was awesome, but wasn't really much of a "How To" video, it was still good though
Quote by Janluc
Gotta agree with him, It was awesome, but wasn't really much of a "How To" video, it was still good though

Yeah, it's more "semi" instructional. that's why the camera is focused on the fingers and the fretboard. Visual learners should be able to take something away from it.
Man that was great! Always loved that tune. Your tone was really spot on here! Great playing to. I don't really hear anything wrong with it.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER