Hello,

I need a new guitar and now, after some visits in the local guitar shops, I have discovered these two guitars:

1) PRS Tremonti SE

2) Washburn WI66 Pro

I´m looking for a Les Paul styled sound, and I´m going to play blues and punkrock. The sound of the two guitars fits my needs, but I´m not shure which mark has the higher quality standards and I don´t know which has the better pick ups. I just want a guitar which works for the nezt 3 years without problems.

Thanx
WI66 Pro, I think its awesome for the price, owned an se custom before and didnt think it was good value.

Seymour duncans are good

Definately WI66.

Also, check out the Yamaha AES620
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
ive owned both Idols and a Tremonti SE's and ive ot to say that i prefer the Washburn Idol, ive played several Idols and they are great and thats up and down the range, the PRS SE range isnt that great, they do feel qute soulless and even though arent bad quality wise but their pups arent good at all
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by Beffyyy
WI66 Pro, I think its awesome for the price, owned an se custom before and didnt think it was good value.

Seymour duncans are good

Definately WI66.

Also, check out the Yamaha AES620

+1 to that, basically. also, the wi65pro would be worth a look if you don't need the maple top, and can still find one (i think they're discontinued). they often went for quite a bit cheaper than the 66.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I discovered a WI66 Pro in a second hand online market.
The guitar, a WI66 Pro looks great but it is blue (the QTB type of blue). I did a google investigation but didn´t find a blue WI66 Pro.
Does anyone know if Washburn has built blue WI66s or does this indicate that the seller is only pretending to sell a WI66 and it´s a cheap copy or something?

Thanx