Hey all. I've got my LTD up on Gumtree right now for £300, and there's a guy who wants to swap it for his Roland VGA-5, plus £100 to me. Good deal?

I know nothing about this amp, in fact I'd never heard of it until now, but having a quick browse online, it looks interesting, kind of like a "super Cube". Here are the questions I need answered. I checked Harmony Central reviews which were mostly positive but I need the sound advice of my friends on GG&A.

1. Obviously, is it any good? Having been a valve amp fan for a while now, will this be a step down, or just across? I owned a Valvetronix in the past and have considered the modelling route again. The choices being a Flextone or Valvetronix again. How does this amp compare to those two?
2. Is it reliable? There is a lot going on in this amp, I don't want it to break down on me, especially with it being second hand.
3. Will it sound good as a practice amp? I'm mainly, and probably exclusively going to be playing this in the house so I need it to sound good at low volumes.
4. Is there anything I've not asked about that you think I need to know about this amp?

I have to go for a run but hopefully I'll have some answers when I get back.

It suonds pretty great for what it is, see if you can get it for cheaper though. they are great amps
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
It suonds pretty great for what it is, see if you can get it for cheaper though. they are great amps

If we ignore the exchange rate for a moment (it doesn't really work with music gear), it isn't that bad a deal.

The guy is selling his amp for £200. I am selling my guitar for £300. He is offering me the amp plus £100 for my guitar. His amp was £500 new. I don't think I'll get it for any less, seeing is he is having to pay me more for my guitar. Is this a good deal or not?
Can anyone else shed some light on this amp for me? If you could answer any of the questions I asked I would be very appreciative.

Quote by greggybhoy
Hey all. I've got my LTD up on Gumtree right now for £300, and there's a guy who wants to swap it for his Roland VGA-5, plus £100 to me. Good deal?

I know nothing about this amp, in fact I'd never heard of it until now, but having a quick browse online, it looks interesting, kind of like a "super Cube". Here are the questions I need answered. I checked Harmony Central reviews which were mostly positive but I need the sound advice of my friends on GG&A.

1. Obviously, is it any good? Having been a valve amp fan for a while now, will this be a step down, or just across? I owned a Valvetronix in the past and have considered the modelling route again. The choices being a Flextone or Valvetronix again. How does this amp compare to those two?
2. Is it reliable? There is a lot going on in this amp, I don't want it to break down on me, especially with it being second hand.
3. Will it sound good as a practice amp? I'm mainly, and probably exclusively going to be playing this in the house so I need it to sound good at low volumes.
4. Is there anything I've not asked about that you think I need to know about this amp?

I have to go for a run but hopefully I'll have some answers when I get back.

1 Already answerd
2. I have friend who has a VGA 8 (big brother of the 5) he's brought it to europe and back + honduras
3. It should be fine.
4. not that I can think of
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
1 Already answerd
2. I have friend who has a VGA 8 (big brother of the 5) he's brought it to europe and back + honduras
3. It should be fine.
4. not that I can think of

Thanks buddy, didn't want to sound narky, but I'm just a bit apprehensive about going for an amp I've never tried.