Recently I decided I'd like a JCM800, and I found one at a local music store for a decent price. However it's been there so long that the owner's phone number is no longer in service (it's a consignment item). After being disappointed at this development, I started thinking about what I really wanted out of an amp anyway, because I was always a little disappointed that it didn't have a second channel to switch from clean to overdriven quickly. Not to mention my band just broke up so I'd like to branch out in my style and sound a little bit. Hopefully someone can help me find an amp that would suit my following preferences 'cus I'm not sure what to look for anymore.

I'd like a more vintage sounding amp that can give me a good crunchy sound. Preferably a tube amp. 2 channels would be very nice. Same with an effects loop since I've a few pedals i'd like to use from time to time, such as my reverb pedal. I'm looking for a crunchy, old hard rock sound mainly, but I'd also like a decent clean channel and decent metal sound. I don't mind having to boost it with a distortion pedal.
Vox AC30. Seems to fit your criteria well, it's an AMAZING sounding amp, it's footswitchable, runs clean and dirty well, and it's small enough that you can use it for bedroom practice but loud enough for a band setting.
Knew I forgot something haha
Around $1000 canadian. I don't mind going over by a few hundred though.
I'm also looking at playing shows soon, but I can always go through the PA so it doesn't have to be too loud or anything
Then a Traynor Y50 Blue sounds like a great amp for you. It has a wonderful clean, a nice crunchy OD channel, that with an OD it gets to metal

But i still wouldnt count out that jcm800 as of yet. Both the single and dual channel ones
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Yeah I just read that article you just posted, and I think I may try that out. I'd still like to try out your other recommendations as well before deciding on anything though
Quote by Mr. Jiggy Fly
Vox AC30. Seems to fit your criteria well, it's an AMAZING sounding amp, it's footswitchable, runs clean and dirty well, and it's small enough that you can use it for bedroom practice but loud enough for a band setting.

It is amazing sounding however there is not gain control so the only way to get it to distort is to crank up the channel volume and lower the master volume. You could get an A/B Box to switch between the normal and top boost channel but you couldn't run them one clean and one dirty unless you want a massive volume jump. It can't do metal unless you have an high gain OD. It is very loud and very heavy but it sounds great at low levels. A better bet would be to get an AC15 and put an OD in front of it. tThe clean and dirty tones are both amazing great little amp so it sounds great.
Quote by Rhoads_1096
It is amazing sounding however there is not gain control so the only way to get it to distort is to crank up the channel volume and lower the master volume. You could get an A/B Box to switch between the normal and top boost channel but you couldn't run them one clean and one dirty unless you want a massive volume jump. It can't do metal unless you have an high gain OD. It is very loud and very heavy but it sounds great at low levels. A better bet would be to get an AC15 and put an OD in front of it. tThe clean and dirty tones are both amazing great little amp so it sounds great.

You would know

Plus, after reading his budget, an AC15 is better anyway.
Quote by Mr. Jiggy Fly

Isn't the footswitch on the AC30 only for reverb and tremolo?
But yeah still a good option since the overdrive is very touch sensitive and cleans up very well with the guitar volume
Looks like I've got a lot of research to do tonight haha
Thanks a lot for all the recommendations! Keep 'em coming if you can think of anything else
Quote by Sguit
Isn't the footswitch on the AC30 only for reverb and tremolo?
But yeah still a good option since the overdrive is very touch sensitive and cleans up very well with the guitar volume

Yep, for reverb and trem.

And yea, the amp is very sensitive to player nuances, so I think it's a far better choice than some high gain amps out there.
That did sound awesome, I'll have to look into that

I just found a Marshall 1987x Plexi reissue for a decent price. Any thoughts on that? It's decently priced, and I can't find any of the other amps mentioned above used anywhere, except for the AC30
I'll recommend what I know I like

Mesa, used combo will get you both amazing cleans and great distortion... of course depending on the model
You can also get an Engl Thunder head for 1200$ new, which is like pretty awesome.