Of course Schecters are not bad, but i just hate the Neck.
I would spend the 400$ more because the Hellraiser has a OFR and the Pickups are much better!
Hellraiser.

As it has been said, it has the Official Floyd Rose, and EMG active pickups, not some duncan designed ones. But it all comes down to which one you like the most... (trying them I mean)
Hellraiser
However I must say you should try the neck. I was almost sure that I would LOVE the hellraiser and every other schecter because of the great value and the specs. However after trying a few out I deicded the neck really wants good for me and I decided to try other guitars out
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Schecters are either you love them or hate them thing. you gotta like the necks mainly. I would go for the hellraiser myself as the regular C-1 has the LFR and Duncan Designed actives. I also will say that if you dont need an FR, dont get one. also, what amp do you have? if you have a solid-state amp, active pickups will 99% not be for you.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Schecter guitars vibrate metal through the strings and body, as well as screech it through amps.

I'd get a Hellraiser Solo-6 just because I love the Les Paul shape. But I'm saving for an ESP EC-1000 in STB... so unless the feel of that guitar totally ruins the experience for me, I'll probably get the Solo-6.

But yeah, the necks are kinda fat. Except I hear the C-1 Classic's neck is thinner than the rest.
Quote by Everlong241
I find Vs to be too uncomfortable.

I will try and find a Schecter and see if I like the neck or not. If I like it a lot and have the extra cash I'll go for the Hellraiser. Why do some not like Schecter necks? Are they too fat/thin/long?? I want the FR mostly because of the whammy bar.

I know active pickups are designed for tube amps, but, if put through a SS amp will they sound like ****?

That depends on the amp if you use EMG's on a ****ty amp it's going to sound ****ty.
If your hearts not set on a floyd I wouldnt reccomend it, due to the fact Bullet is in drop C most of the time and A7X drop D which unless you played a7x two frets higher youll have to be switching and swapping tunings.
Different Tunings + Floyd Rose = Pain in your Ass.
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
C-7 FR if you ask me. Plus for metal, it mainly depends on your amp...just about any guitar will work for metal. I'd just recommend getting something that's comfortable and that has a nice neck. Also 24 frets.
My grandfather would say: "I'm going upstairs to fuck your grandmother". He was an honest man, and he wasn't going to bullshit a four-year-old.

-Carlin
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Schecter guitars vibrate metal through the strings and body, as well as screech it through amps.

i must disagree with you here. the classic series and the blackjack series (not ATX) and the omen series are quite versatile. they do a lot more than just metal or anything but metal. a guitar only plays the genres you wanna play

Quote by 12joey.c12
If your hearts not set on a floyd I wouldnt reccomend it, due to the fact Bullet is in drop C most of the time and A7X drop D which unless you played a7x two frets higher youll have to be switching and swapping tunings.
Different Tunings + Floyd Rose = Pain in your Ass.

and this. but I find playing A7X in drop C actually sounds better than when played drop D.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Everlong241
I'm looking to buy a new guitar to play A7X and Bullet for My Valentine type of stuff. Preferably with 24 frets and a Floyd Rose tremolo system. I've been looking mainly at the Schecter C-1 FR or should I pay an extra $400 and get the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR? Any suggestions of other guitars that are in this price range and have similar specs?

I thought you said METAL.

You mean hard rock and then metalcore.

Anyhow Schecter makes great guitars for an affordable price. Always a solid choice. The only gripe with Schecters is that a lot of people like the necks, a lot of people don't. It's a preference.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Yeah a Hellraiser or a C-1 will be a great guitar for any music style...just get a versatile amp and a nice distortion pedal and you can do anything.
My grandfather would say: "I'm going upstairs to fuck your grandmother". He was an honest man, and he wasn't going to bullshit a four-year-old.

-Carlin
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I thought you said METAL.

You mean hard rock and then metalcore.

BFMV are METAL
Please tell me were not going to get into a "what is metal" debate. The guy wants to know if a Schecter will work for the music he wants to play, the answer is yes. Schecter makes fine instruments, I've played 800 dollar Schecters that play better than 3000 dollar Gibsons. Get a Schecter OP, you won't regret it. For the sound, tone, and pitch you want out of your guitar it doesn't depend on the guitar per se, more the amp you're using and the effects that you're running. At anyrate, a Schecter is a fine guitar...get one and you won't regret it.

-Carlin
Any style of music really.

-Carlin
Not a fan of Line 6, for a good amp at a reasonable price...I'd recommend this:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

You can get the 2x12 if you want something louder

I personally have a JSX half stack, a Marshall stack (given to me by my cousin as a gift) when he got a new amp, and a 5150 stack (gift from another cousin when he started playing Mesa...well not a gift just got it cheap)...though I usually play my 212 Valveking when I practice and play at home. Oh, once my insurance claim goes through I'll get another Orange Stack

-Carlin
I say yes to the Schecter. The sound great for metalcore, blues, worship, classic rock, neoclassical...basically antyhing you would want to play. As far as amps go, the B-52 AT-112 combos are supposed to be pretty brutal, and cheap for a tube amp. Ive heard the quality is pretty iffy though.
Yes Schecter is a great choice. But out of those 2, definitely the Hellraiser is worth the extra 400$. Also consider the Schecter Blackjack ATX. I found it to be even better than the hellraiser
surely if you dont like the neck to begin with. if you bought one you would get used to it right?
Quote by wildozer
surely if you dont like the neck to begin with. if you bought one you would get used to it right?

Not if you're picky you won't. Neck's are probably a bit part of buying guitars and if you don't like it then you just won't like it.
I have the Schecter C1 FR and i love it. i love the neck on it, it feels really confortable. maybe i just have big hands but i still like the feel of the neck. i can always drop some EMGS on it later
I personally prefer the Blackjack ATX to the Hellraiser. They are almost the same guitar, but the ATX has Duncan Blackouts vs. EMGs in the hellraiser. You have to try them both out. I personally thought the Blackouts sounded alot better than the EMGs, but its different for others. As i said, i would give them both a shot. I just got my ATX and i love it. Also, in my opinion the finish options are better on the ATX. they are less gaudy (at least than the black cherry Hellraiser. The black one isnt bad.), but again that is completely my opinion. Not a huge fan off the cross inlays on the hellraiser in particular. You might like that though. i dont know. either way, try them both. They are both very worthy guitars.
Recommended threads
new amps
gibsonsg2006
Last post:
by azn_guitarist25