So I am fairly decent at playing guitar, not good but not horrible. But when I have my amp turned up louder I can hear this sound my pick makes every time I pluck the string. It's extremely annoying to hear a plucking sound with every note I play. I've tried holding the pick angled, i've tried using thinner picks, i've adjusted volume/tone knobs and I still get it.

Does anyone know why this keeps happening and how to get rid of it?
You can make pick attack less obvious by turning your treble down. Also, how much of your pick is making contact with the string and is your pick dragging on the string? It should only be the tip. If all else fails, learn to play with your fingers (but without nails).
Hi, I'm Peter
Yeah theres really nothing you can physicaly do with the pick to make it stop, adjust things like treble can make it less obvious..just as dirk said..but other then that its pretty much something youll have to live with
Then how does every other guitartist on the planet not have this problem? I dont hear the pick making a sound when I strum chords, only a single string say if I'm playing this with up and down strokes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I play something like this I can hear the plucking sound, just not with chords.
Last edited by halfbakedj14 at Jul 28, 2009,
You probably have poor technique (or you're being hypersensitive), but we can't really help you any more than we already have unless you give us a little more succinct description of what you're talking about or some sort of sound clip, video, etc.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by halfbakedj14
Then how does every other guitartist on the planet not have this problem? I dont hear the pick making a sound when I strum chords, only a single string say if I'm playing this with up and down strokes:

----17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17--17-

If I play something like this I can hear the plucking sound, just not with chords.

I've heard plenty of albums where I can hear the plucking in lead lines.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Well the tab I used above is for example from the killers "when you were young" during the solo after "every once and a little while......". When I do that part i can hear the pick every time i strike the string, but on the song you don't hear that just the string ringing out.