What are the best versatile guitars out there? I wanna play everything from GNR to Metallica, from RHCP to Nirvana. What guitars can cover all these bases with the most accurate tone and sound? Also what amps are recommended for me to be able to get all these sounds?
Ibanez SA120, from what I've heard.
Gear:
Epiphone G400/L6 Spider III 15
Squier CV J-Bass/Acoustic B20
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666
I play hard, like death metal hard

Quote by chaazums
Ibanez SA120, from what I've heard.

You are right, but the Trem is ****ty.
Fender fat strat would do the job and do it well. Also there is a model that comes with a floyd if you want to have one for shreddery goodness.
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Well, until you name your budget, I'll say a PRS 513, a PRS Standard/Custom 24 with McCarty switching, or a Parker Fly.
Hi, I'm Peter
I think strats are very versatile. Good for pretty much everything except metal and a fat strat could probably even do that.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
for me, personally, either an HSS or HSH-loaded strat or superstrat.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HSS Strat
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Quote by 12joey.c12
Fender fat strat would do the job and do it well. Also there is a model that comes with a floyd if you want to have one for shreddery goodness.

^this guy speaks the truth.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by Dirk Gently
Well, until you name your budget, I'll say a PRS 513, a PRS Standard/Custom 24 with McCarty switching, or a Parker Fly.

This + Bogner Uberschall and everyone can let me die a peaceful death although I wouldn't mind swapping the Fly for the Dragonfly model that thing is a beatiful piece of work.
Variax 700.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I would agree with the fat strat suggestions. It would get the tone you are looking for. I personally dont like fenders much. They play and sound great, but I hate the rosewood they use. Also, I have a Schecter Damien-6 I play, and I can get all those tone, plus some tones you wouldnt expect from a guitar with EMGs (Wind Cries Mary). I would advise a Schecter if you cant get the Fender because of a budget.
I think a Gibson SG Std could do all of those pretty respectively. Not too sure about amps though
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!