Page 1 of 3
ok so gu1tar center pays min wage. you could say its the McDonalds of the retail music equipment industry. BUT, I get everything at dealer cost and lots of poor people trade stuff in ridiculously cheap. I get first dibs on that stuff. I get to wank on all the guitars I can't afford. and since I work in pro audio, I can play with pro-tools HD. they actually told me "you have to learn all this software so you can sell it" = "pretend your doctor dre and make beats all day" I have my eye on this Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport. one sweet beast. its relic'd from all the employees giving her extra millage lol.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
How old do you have to be to work there?
Sending a dummy to my God.

Sell some MG's and Spiders for the lulz
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
you have to be 18 and we already sold a spider III with a $130 ibanez short scale guitar. I picked it up while someone was checking out and I was like "this guitar is awsome!" LOL
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Last edited by fullsailstudent at Jul 28, 2009,
Have fun ripping people off.

I think it's funny that if you wanted to buy something with minimum wage + your discount, it would still take longer than for me to get it at retail price with my income.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Congradulations. You have become one of the many incompetent zombies that roam the sales floor looking for people buying high dollar items.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by fullsailstudent
ok so gu1tar center pays min wage. you could say its the McDonalds of the retail music equipment industry. BUT, I get everything at dealer cost and lots of poor people trade stuff in ridiculously cheap. I get first dibs on that stuff. I get to wank on all the guitars I can't afford. and since I work in pro audio, I can play with pro-tools HD. they actually told me "you have to learn all this software so you can sell it" = "pretend your doctor dre and make beats all day" I have my eye on this Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport. one sweet beast. its relic'd from all the employees giving her extra millage lol.

u want to wank on a guitar, at least phrase it differently
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Do you know anything about guitars? If so, you just might be overqualified.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by fullsailstudent
you have to be 18 and we already sold a spider III with a $130 ibanez short scale guitar. I picked it up while someone was checking out and I was like "this guitar is awsome!" LOL

What a dick!
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Make sure everyone knows about crushing overdrive!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Myfirstpubes
you should start a secret society in GC somehow linked with UG thats lets us get free ****.

THIS

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Awesome man, I'm hoping to get he hook up at the local music shop, cause I'm in tight with the old man it's a family owned bussiness, so I'm not sure if I can though :/ his family has owned it for about 120 years!
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Do you get commission or do you simply get minimum wage, because honestly my free time is more valuable then minimum wage considering you make less on minimum wage than you do living off the government.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Hope you have fun
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
ok I get to "play" guitars I cant afford. sorry wank heart your sensitive ears. no I'm not cool. stay in school and you'll be cool. drop out and work at guitar center. just posting to see if anyone has any warnings or advice. if you think its a pointless post then why are you in the pit.
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Quote by Myfirstpubes
you should start a secret society in GC somehow linked with UG thats lets us get free ****.

I'm "in the pit" because I click on the "New Threads" button instead of lurking around forums.

18 and working minimum wage? Why not get a real job and actually make some money. Most of us worked minimum wage when we were 15.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Myfirstpubes

+1
Quote by fullsailstudent

You.... You...
YOU BASTARD
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Bah,

I wish there was some UK equivalent to GC..
They should move over here.

+1

im sick of having to go to brighton
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I'd just work there and tell them that instead of getting paid in cash I'll just choose some nice gear
Gear:
Epiphone G400/L6 Spider III 15
Squier CV J-Bass/Acoustic B20
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666
I play hard, like death metal hard

Quote by Kevy Absolution
Have fun ripping people off.

I think it's funny that if you wanted to buy something with minimum wage + your discount, it would still take longer than for me to get it at retail price with my income.

OWNED.
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
Lol I wouldn't feel bad selling somebody a Spider because thats what happened to me when I first started playing, and in turn I sold it to some other kid just starting to play.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

Quote by itchy guitar
Do you know anything about guitars? If so, you just might be overqualified.

I'm on the official GB&C who to listen to. I build guitars. I have a website where I review high end equipment. yeah I'm overqualified and underpaid. but I have a positive attitude. like how can we make this store full of idiots into something for the serious players. if you build it, they will come.
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Quote by timeconsumer09
what is crushing overdrive?

sigged

Quote by Kevy Absolution

18 and working minimum wage? Why not get a real job and actually make some money. Most of us worked minimum wage when we were 15.

Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Last edited by heavenbesideyou at Jul 28, 2009,
I think the secret society would work. srsly dude. all members would have a special insignia tattoo on their hand with a sign and UG FTW on it. For each year you're on UG, you get another part of the tattoo, maybe a tally system. For each tally is a level, the higher the level, the better **** you can get for free.
fullsail, I dont know why these d-bags are ridiculing you for having a job. Liking your job is just as good as getting paid well. I have a weekend job that pays almost double my old job did, but i HATE HATE HATE waking up and going to work there. At my old job I actually was excited about going to work So yea, everyone critisizing him **** off.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

Page 1 of 3