Why are so many people telling me not to get the Line 6 Spider III 30w amp?? Im into a lot of Slash and other bluesy rock stuff but I am also really into 80's thrash like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Overkill, etc. Is this amp not good enough for these genres? What amps should I look into then? There are so many choices and I am not experienced enough to decide by playing them all.

PS. I am considering buy an Epiphone les paul standard black since it is quite a versatile guitar and I am sure it can play all these different genres beautifully.
try the Peavey Vypyre 60 (all valve)
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Budget?
Location?
Genre?
Current Gear?
New or Used?
Gigging, Jamming or Home Use?

+1

And have you actually played the Epi? Guitars you really need to get out and do some field work on. Try each out for about an hour each and see how your hands feel after switching through some genres. The reason I bring this up is metal and the wrong neck for your hands can be painful and cause major issues at a later date
If your a bedroom practice kind of dude, the spider will suit your needs perfectly. But dont buy from a store. You can get one on eBay or CL for about 80 bucks, (for a 30w).

Understand that it sound terrible live, but thats on you. Just a heads up, I should know, I did a gig w/ a 75w Spider III.

They are cheap, great for learning, and messing around.

If thats all you do, It would be a great fit. Play and have fun, get better, and dont let UG hate bring you down.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by IbanezPsycho
The reason I bring this up is metal and the wrong neck for your hands can be painful and cause major issues at a later date

this
i have an Epi and it doesnt feel right for metal...im planning to buy an Ibanez or a schecter C-1 Classic during the holidays or when i get the money.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me