ok so ive got a gibson les paul standard but i thinking of getting a strat type guitar for like 500-800 euros...

any good suggestions? i quite like to have a humbucker in the bridge and whammy bar would be nice because i cant whammy without a whammy bar

i have found one brand called ''blade'' any good experience with that?

i dont really look out for floyd rose since i heard string changing can be a pain in the ass which i quite often have to...

i play things liek u2 Guns n' Roses(+- 1980-1992 era ) velver revolver, Red hot chili peps etc.

help is greatly appreciated

THANKS and cheers
Quote by blue_strat

if u could inform me of the diffenrences then thats great?

i only recently started looking at strats

also not really attracted to jackson or ibanez the points can hurt me dang hard while playing... dang those guitars are like close combat weapons
Last edited by wolvenrick at Jul 28, 2009,
So your Les Paul has HH - humbucker in the neck, humbucker in the bridge.

A regular Strat has SSS - singlecoils in the neck, middle and bridge.

HSH takes the HH format and sticks a singlecoil between the two humbuckers.

SSH or HSS (same thing) takes the SSS format and swaps the bridge singlecoil for a humbucker.
i dont really know what ill want, i just have to try out but if i try all guitars ill be there for 4 days and nights...=P

probably SSH or SSS then, ive got HH in my les paul so im not looking for something like that

with a quick look i only see fender and a few blade with a non metal-ish look as for strats
blades are nice (any i've tried, anyway).

yamaha pacifica 812v would be worth a look, too.

Lags are quite nice too, if you don't mind slightly more modern looks.

EDIT: Just looking at that thomann link, Godin would be worth a try too, i haven't tried many, but the one or two i've tried have been nice.

most companies (other than obvious ones like gibson and gretsch) will make some kind of fat strat, or even SSS strat, copy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
blades are nice (any i've tried, anyway).

yamaha pacifica 812v would be worth a look, too.

Lags are quite nice too, if you don't mind slightly more modern looks.

EDIT: Just looking at that thomann link, Godin would be worth a try too, i haven't tried many, but the one or two i've tried have been nice.

most companies (other than obvious ones like gibson and gretsch) will make some kind of fat strat, or even SSS strat, copy.

u mean this one with the pacifica 812v?
http://www.vriese.nl/producten/4/35/1293/gitaren/elektrisch/Yamaha_PA812V.html
it looks quite good ill try it for sure
Anything that feels good to your hands is a good guitar.

There are people who hate stratocasters, and think they sound terrible, and so on, but there are others who love them and can make them sound godlike, and so on and so forth.

Obviously, this won't really apply to a $25 pawnshop indonesian uber metal flying V with some like, plastic FR.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
Anything that feels good to your hands is a good guitar.

There are people who hate stratocasters, and think they sound terrible, and so on, but there are others who love them and can make them sound godlike, and so on and so forth.

Obviously, this won't really apply to a $25 pawnshop indonesian uber metal flying V with some like, plastic FR.

i know what u mean i used to hate the strats because i started with one SX strat replica and ever since i got my dean evo ive been going huge steps forward than my gibson played as hell more sweet,

then theres my school which has fender strats but i came to conclusion (in the music class they have pics of 1970's with the same damn guitars....)that those were 30 years old already so thats why they suck never ever considered to check intonation because it costs money...

basically i dont have good experience with strats but i hear the most funkin' chillin' sounds coming out of them so i might give it a try
Quote by wolvenrick
u mean this one with the pacifica 812v?
http://www.vriese.nl/producten/4/35/1293/gitaren/elektrisch/Yamaha_PA812V.html
it looks quite good ill try it for sure

yep. you could maybe even get it slightly cheaper if you shop around. I seem to remember seeing them here in the UK for around the £450 mark.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yep. you could maybe even get it slightly cheaper if you shop around. I seem to remember seeing them here in the UK for around the £450 mark.

prices not what they like on the site and most guitars on site not rly in store and vice versa, if im right theres no lucille bb king gibson on the site but they had it in store same with lots of standard 2008 LP's

was there today to let em build in the seymours i ordered
oh ok.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
u cant go wrong with esp or ibanez. there r a lot of great esp guitars that arent that expensive but idk about wammy bars
Schecter Hellraiser FR.
My grandfather would say: "I'm going upstairs to fuck your grandmother". He was an honest man, and he wasn't going to bullshit a four-year-old.

-Carlin