I need a good book to learn bass from, as to take me up from a beginner level to advanced, covering msot evrything, if there is one. Any like this?
www.studybass.com not a book, but will help.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Quote by C0_0kie
www.studybass.com not a book, but will help.

agreed.

Hal Leonard is ok, bass for dummies is alright too.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Hal Leonard is a bit more than OK. Its one of the books most used by bass teachers. It will take you from 'here is a bass' to slap in three volumes. Mel Bay is a good option as well; but the song selection is a bit more traditional. The nice thing about Hal Leonard is that they have other books on slap, R & B blues etc that build off from that core volume set.
Quote by anarkee
Hal Leonard is a bit more than OK. Its one of the books most used by bass teachers. It will take you from 'here is a bass' to slap in three volumes. Mel Bay is a good option as well; but the song selection is a bit more traditional. The nice thing about Hal Leonard is that they have other books on slap, R & B blues etc that build off from that core volume set.

checking that out now
The Hal Leonard Bass Method books are outstanding. I especially like them because they don't introduce tab until into the second volume so you get a really good basis in reading. Make sure you don't confuse them for the Hal Leonard FastTrack book because it's plain awful.