But I'd like to have one for those cheesy singalong songs

I'd rather it was steel / nylon, don't want an electro acoustic either.

What the most popular recommendation on here for say £300?

Thanks a lot
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
I'd recommend checking out the "Best guitars for under $300" thread sticky at the top. It has a good number of guitars right around your price range.

Sorry i can't put much more input than this. I have no experience with the particular guitar you posted.

Also, holy ****, a PGM signed by Gilbert himself. Did you seal it away in a glass coffin? I would, lol.
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric
Quote by sharpant

http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/acoustic/683-yamaha_fg730s_acoustic_guitar
http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/acoustic/2417-cort_earth_102r_acoustic_guitar?page=3

Ibanez makes decent cheap guitars. I'd consider these others but that one does look great for it's price.

I'd go for the Yamaha if I had a limited budget. Hard to beat their quality for that price.
Last edited by RoughDraft274 at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by SomeDude49
I'd recommend checking out the "Best guitars for under $300" thread sticky at the top. It has a good number of guitars right around your price range.

Sorry i can't put much more input than this. I have no experience with the particular guitar you posted.

Also, holy ****, a PGM signed by Gilbert himself. Did you seal it away in a glass coffin? I would, lol.

Nope

It's been sealed though, I play it all the time

http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/acoustic/683-yamaha_fg730s_acoustic_guitar

That looks really nice thanks for the suggestion
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Jul 28, 2009,
I recendl bought an Ibanez v-series you can see it on (my profile)

the sound is awsome

the guitar is 150 € or 200€ whit electro acousticks

bouth have a inbuild tuner that runs on 9V baterries

you can get it in black or wood
and whit or whitout the cutout
Any more suggestions?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
My experience never consistently led me to a good brand at that price. I've found great guitars originally priced at $300 that were terrible at that price, but were spectacular buys. Used, at the below-$100 range. Also, manufacturing quirks sometimes lead to guitars that sound great and are fully worth the sales price, yet the exact same model hanging right beside it sounded terrible. I would say that it is difficult to reliably predict whether a guitar in that range will sound great based strictly on brand/model.

My favorite guitar at the moment is a Fender acoustic. Probably sold new for several hundred, and most of that model probably sucked, but I found one that sounded great, for $70. Best opinionated subjective advice I can give is to play all instruments you like and try to get it in a price range you are comfortable with. My motto is win or walk.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Last edited by millerdrr at Aug 2, 2009,
With any brand you get what you pay for, except with Seagulls, best value anywhere at a cheap price. Also check out the Simon & Patrick or Art & Luthrie guitars. They are all hand made in the same shop in Canada by Godin.
Seagull, Takamine, Alvarez. I'd shy away from Ibanez. They look good, but quality and tone, which are most important, are quite lacking.

I think Epiphone Doves and Hummingbirds fall into this price range as well.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Aug 2, 2009,