But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Last edited by Guitar_Kingdom at Jul 28, 2009,
Flipje
I paint the world with my
65 IQ
well actually downloading is legal were I'm from, but anyhow. Isn't the point of being punk not caring what others think about you? So is your question in fact as anti-punk as it gets?
Anyway I'd say buy it if you like it.
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
I Support Illegal Downloading And I Don't Support Guitar_kingdom Because I Am Moar Punx Than All Of You
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
charliezard!
1,337 IQ
I usually go for both when I like an album.
There's no point in buying CDs anymore, but I buy lots of vinyls.
RockThe40oz
Sucker-Punched By Christ
1,233 IQ
I only buy vinyl because when I get a CD, I just rip it to my computer and it gets lost in the sea of music I have. I never put a CD into a player and listen the whole way through. Vinyl is much more personal for me, and supporting bands you like is way more punx than stealing their music.
Lots O' FX
Ug's BallsOutDeathmeister
320 IQ
Quote by Flipje
well actually downloading is legal were I'm from, but anyhow. Isn't the point of being punk not caring what others think about you? So is your question in fact as anti-punk as it gets?
Anyway I'd say buy it if you like it.

I wasn't doing it to know what i should do to get punks to like me, it was a joke / "how do you listen to music?" topic (i always thought using punx is the universal signal of a joke about being punk.)
Personally i use CDs, can't find a decently priced record player and no where (that i know of) sells vinyl. But i don't like to download songs because buying CDs gives me something to collect and few things are more rewarding than finding an album you have been trying to find for a ridiculous amount of time.
pinheadslts75
BrainDamage
1,113 IQ
I'd totally buy vinyl because I'm turning into an audiophile, but I don't have a record player or the money to spend on one.
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
I buy Vinyl, but I'll usually download a copy too because I like having it on my iPod. I probably download more than I buy vinyl though.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Quote by charliezard!
There's no point in buying CDs anymore, but I buy lots of vinyls.
Wait, really? Is this some clever joke or are you really that dumb?
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Guitar_Kingdom
Ist Krieg
324 IQ
Quote by axeslash
I Support Illegal Downloading And I Don't Support Guitar_kingdom Because I Am Moar Punx Than All Of You

fine
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
charliezard!
1,337 IQ
Quote by axeslash
Wait, really? Is this some clever joke or are you really that dumb?

Huh?
CDs can be easily burned. If I wanted a CD, I'd burn it. I always like to support bands by buying their stuff, but when I do, I'd rather have something that I can't easily replicate. Plus vinyls are way more interesting and I feel much better about having the vinyls that I have than the CDs.

I don't see what's wrong with this. You are ridiculously quick to freak the f*ck out over everything.
SKAtastic7770
828 IQ
I wise man once told me "No body deserves your money" so I live by that philosophy. I love vinyls though, great audio quality, the downside beig they dont get on my ipod.
RiotRiotUpstart
UG's jock punk
256 IQ
I'd like to say I only download music to see if I'll like a band, then I buy their CD. But I don't, so **** it. I do buy CDs at local shows every and then though.

Most of the bands I listen to would be very difficult to try and actually track down a tangible record anyway. The more popular bands I listen to can suck it, they don't need the extra $11 from me buying their CD. The band itself would probably only see about $2 of that money anyway.

charliezard!
1,337 IQ
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart

Most of the bands I listen to would be very difficult to try and actually track down a tangible record anyway. .

I don't believe this.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Quote by charliezard!
Huh?
CDs can be easily burned. If I wanted a CD, I'd burn it. I always like to support bands by buying their stuff, but when I do, I'd rather have something that I can't easily replicate. Plus vinyls are way more interesting and I feel much better about having the vinyls that I have than the CDs.

I don't see what's wrong with this. You are ridiculously quick to freak the f*ck out over everything.
Let's look at why this is wrong and you should feel bad:

CDs being easily burned is a plus.
Wanting something difficult to replicate is confusing and unnecessary.
Vinyl is more interesting if you find a big large easily breakable record that has lower sound quality to be "interesting." Not to mention the fact that you can't take a record collection with you as easily, you can't play it in your car, and you can't exactly burn them to disc as easily.

Collecting vinyl is for hipsters. Fact.
neidnarb11890
so bored with the USA
270 IQ
The only excuse for wanting a useless thing is that one admires it intensely.

All vinyls are quite useless.

charliezard!
1,337 IQ
Quote by axeslash
Let's look at why this is wrong and you should feel bad:

CDs being easily burned is a plus.
Wanting something difficult to replicate is confusing and unnecessary.
Vinyl is more interesting if you find a big large easily breakable record that has lower sound quality to be "interesting." Not to mention the fact that you can't take a record collection with you as easily, you can't play it in your car, and you can't exactly burn them to disc as easily.

Collecting vinyl is for hipsters. Fact.

This was ****ing stupid. Seriously.
I have an iPod. I can listen to any music that I want with a quickness. Your CD collection is for hipsters. MP3s are infinitely more convenient and practical. I can take them anywhere and play them any time I want. Your CD case couldn't hold anywhere close to as much as an Ipod can, and it's 20 times the size, heavier, and takes so much more time and effort.

As far as Vinyls vs CDs for collecting, Vinyls win easy. You really can't argue with that.
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
I got vinyls, cds and also cassettes for mah walkman. I buy all my stuff cos Dr.Strange records is like a 20 drive or 40 minute bus ride from my house
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
I much prefer vinyl to mp3s, but you can't download vinyl for free. CDs are lame, but they're the cheapest way to put out music (outside of digital only releases, which are ****ing lame), so they're pretty damn punx.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Quote by charliezard!
This was ****ing stupid. Seriously.
I have an iPod. I can listen to any music that I want with a quickness. Your CD collection is for hipsters. MP3s are infinitely more convenient and practical. I can take them anywhere and play them any time I want. Your CD case couldn't hold anywhere close to as much as an Ipod can, and it's 20 times the size, heavier, and takes so much more time and effort.

As far as Vinyls vs CDs for collecting, Vinyls win easy. You really can't argue with that.

He was saying CDs are more practical than vinyl, not that they're more practical than downloading. Vinyls are more "collectible" of course, they just aren't practical. And he's correct that vinyl is for hipsters. Also, I seriously doubt he has a "CD collection" because he seems to pride himself in downloading lots of music.
charliezard!
1,337 IQ
Quote by werty22
He was saying CDs are more practical than vinyl, not that they're more practical than downloading. Vinyls are more "collectible" of course, they just aren't practical. And he's correct that vinyl is for hipsters. Also, I seriously doubt he has a "CD collection" because he seems to pride himself in downloading lots of music.

If he was saying that, he was missing the point. My initial post was that I download my music, but for collecting and band support, I buy vinyls.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Quote by charliezard!
Yeah, I can't argue that. Unfortunately I use logic in my arguments.

And since you missed the point of my post, let me sum it up:

IF YOU COLLECT VINYL, AND YOU DON'T LIVE IN THE 80'S, YOU ARE A DUMB HIPSTER.

I know this will piss off about half of the forum but whatever. The vinyl fetish our generation is going through is rather sickening.

SUPAH EDIT:
23847 songs, 85.01 GB of music. Suck on that charliezard.
Last edited by axeslash at Jul 29, 2009,
charliezard!
1,337 IQ
^
I have more than that, so um... suck on that.

And, do you not collect CDs?
If I'm going to collect anything it would be vinyl.

Quote by axeslash
Unfortunately I use logic in my arguments.

You mean like right here?
Quote by axeslash

BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
I don't listen to music anymore, I just listen to guitar pro versions of songs because I like how cheesy everything sounds in midi.
lavazza
K**e sold out
7,304 IQ
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I don't listen to music anymore, I just listen to guitar pro versions of songs because I like how cheesy everything sounds in midi.

putting a guitar pro into midi changes the file.......I just did that and the melody is always a beat behind the bass, that´s awful
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
I don't have that problem. I use tuxguitar though, because I'm cheap like that.

This worked out fine, even though it's the first thing I ever made and could probably do it a hell of a lot better now.

(I'll upload it to my profile as the file is 63kb so I can't post it here.)
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Oh, wait, removed a rhythm guitar track and it should fit now!

Right click etc etc.
Attachments:
SklRm.mid
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Jul 29, 2009,
bloodycomfort
UG's Bloody Tampon
467 IQ
Quote by charliezard!
^
I have more than that, so um... suck on that.

And, do you not collect CDs?
If I'm going to collect anything it would be vinyl.

Agreed, CD's just don't seem as interesting, and if you want to argue about portability, MP3's overrule that area. I think that guy just spends loads of money on CD's and you're starting to make him feel bad.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
DanRev
Boom/Bap?
129 IQ
I dont really get any punk music on vinyl.

Dance music and classic LPs only.
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
Quote by axeslash

That's really ignorant. The way vinyl is pressed and recorded is in the exact same sound waves that our ears hear it so it sounds so much better, mp3s are just compressed and minimized to be as little as possible without actually working with our ears and soundwaves the way that vinyl does. I always knew vinyl sounded better but then one of my Mas Comm professors got on the subject one day and completely described the process and the facts of why they should sound better, not just opinions.
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Quote by lavazza
Sounds like some Win 3.1 game

Yeah, that's basically the idea. Or the soundtrack to any 2-d RPG game.
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Quote by waldorphPRS41
That's really ignorant. The way vinyl is pressed and recorded is in the exact same sound waves that our ears hear it so it sounds so much better, mp3s are just compressed and minimized to be as little as possible without actually working with our ears and soundwaves the way that vinyl does. I always knew vinyl sounded better but then one of my Mas Comm professors got on the subject one day and completely described the process and the facts of why they should sound better, not just opinions.

Sounding better isn't punx.

You can (kind of) fix the lag problem in Guitar Pro by changing the latency options in the sound settings. But really if you want the track to stay perfectly in time, you have to use either all MIDI synth sounds or all RSE sounds. No mixing. Actually, even the RSE timing gets a little weird if you use a swing rhythm.
neidnarb11890
so bored with the USA
270 IQ
Quote by axeslash

I live in the 80's.
RiotRiotUpstart
UG's jock punk
256 IQ
Quote by charliezard!
I don't believe this.

A lot of what I listen to is obscure crust, j-core and 80's hardcore from the midwest. If you can find me a website that sells a huge collection of records that haven't been printed in 20+ years, then I'll let your statement slide. Until then, shut the **** up, you pretentious prick.