So i read a lot of people saying they get discounts or asks for some whenever they buy guitar/amp whatever. how can the employees just give a straight discount as their own decision? say, an epiphone standard plus is like 550 at gc, how can they just decide to sell it for lower?

If all this just works anyway, would I be able to go in gc take a $500 acoustic guitar, and say "can i buy this for $450?"
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

you never know what could happen
Quote by happytimeharry
I just had an odd mental image of someone building up a fort around their asshole made out of Lincoln Logs.

Quote by sacred_silence7
it's cause you forgot to put in an extra hammer-on

MUSE FAN?!!
The worst thing that could possibly happen is they say 'no bargaining'. There have been many, many threads about this.
They can't, the Pit is just full of liars. You'll actually have to pay more for that $500 guitar, just for being so lame.
I guess you could only carry $450 into the store and when they inquire if you are interested in purchasing the guitar you reply that you would, but you're still a bit short on cash.
That might prompt them to give you a discount if they want that commission right away.
Quote by guitar-guy01
do what this guy says, he is wise
I got a $10 discount on my guitar ;D

lol worthless I know, but it was something.

I asked for it too
Quote by dma529
I guess you could only carry $450 into the store and when they inquire if you are interested in purchasing the guitar you reply that you would, but you're still a bit short on cash.
That might prompt them to give you a discount if they want that commission right away.

do what this guy says, he is wise

the worse thing that could happen is that you'll have to go get the rest of the money and then buy it
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
my guitar shops always offer me discounts

for example today i spend an hour or so trying out guitars and thee dude said if i bought a custom tele he'd knock 50 quid off and give me a fender gig bag and leads and **** (Y)

the fact that im in there all teh time and know them really well helps as well
Quote by munkyRobb
my guitar shops always offer me discounts

for example today i spend an hour or so trying out guitars and thee dude said if i bought a custom tele he'd knock 50 quid off and give me a fender gig bag and leads and **** (Y)

the fact that im in there all teh time and know them really well helps as well

Hell, I got a Fender gig bag with my Mexi Strat without even attempting to haggle over it.
You don't really want it, the bags are sh*t.
I got a huge discount on my Ibanez. It was already on sell when I went in to buy it, and they were trying to clear out a lot of the floor models for their next shipment. So I told the guy I was about $100 short, and after arguing for a bit I ended up getting it for what I asked. Overall it was like $200+ savings.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Wait a minute, what kind of shops are these?

you crazy americans

I think that the word quid implies a British origin
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words