Just picked up my beautiful Ibanez AS73...wow so hot, however, it has highlighted just how bad my Fender frontman 15 amp is. So what amp should I be looking at for an upgrade to bring out the very best in the Ibanez. I'm mostly blues and rock and I only play at home so nothing totally stupid in the volume area. I'm not sure that I can really afford a valve amp (probably looking at a max of about £200, which is about $320).

Cheers
Thrench
Lemme search some mesa and vox amps for you... Maybe a fender amp or an epiphone as well...

-Mesaboogie Lonestar
-Vox Classic series
-Fender Hot Rod DeVille™ 410 (its the perfect amp for the styles you play)
Last edited by Baraga at Jul 28, 2009,
Theres a number of small valve amps that fall in your budget. I play blues/rock as well and I use a Vox AC4/TV. It's £189, there's the Fender champion 600 for about £120. I'd look into a few of these if I were you, there's plenty of small affordable tube amps, you wouldn't any more than 5 watts if its tube. Of course with most of these you'd need a few pedals if you're into effects and stuff.
um, how about some pics?!
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
fender princeton, or a vox ac-30 are my recommendations.
I'LL ALWAYS NEED THIS
I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU
sorry for double posting, didn't see your budget x
I'LL ALWAYS NEED THIS
I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU
Quote by thrench
Just picked up my beautiful Ibanez AS73...wow so hot, however, it has highlighted just how bad my Fender frontman 15 amp is. So what amp should I be looking at for an upgrade to bring out the very best in the Ibanez. I'm mostly blues and rock and I only play at home so nothing totally stupid in the volume area. I'm not sure that I can really afford a valve amp (probably looking at a max of about £200, which is about $320).

Cheers
Thrench

thats like getting a really hot girl and then finding out shes a man
a blackheart might be waht you want
I'll get some pics up soon as. I didn't reaslise that I might be able to go for a valve amp..things are really looking up. It will probably be around xmas when I get the amp so plenty of time to do some real guitar shop research.

Thrench
Quote by thrench
I'll get some pics up soon as. I didn't reaslise that I might be able to go for a valve amp..things are really looking up. It will probably be around xmas when I get the amp so plenty of time to do some real guitar shop research.

Thrench

You've plenty of time to really look into them. There's a lot of affordable tube amps out now and they'll probably be a few more out by Christmas, especially for lower gain stuff.

Didn't say it in my last post but HNGD! Looking forward to pics!
Quote by thrench

Cheers
Thrench
Haha, great choice, I have the same guitar (I got the red see-through finish, forgot what it's called).

I recomment a Roland Cube 30, or whatever wattage you need. They sound great for the price unless you want to shell out more for a tube amp. I tend to prefer the Peavey Vypyr series more for more distortion (they are great amps too for the money.) Either of those would be a great choice.
Yea I went for the brown sunburst. I can't stop looking at it. It's bad, my wife asked if I fancied an early night last night (you know what I mean) but I turned her down to play some more on my guitar, now that's love at first sight for you.

Pics to follow shortly

Thrench
Quote by thrench
Yea I went for the brown sunburst. I can't stop looking at it. It's bad, my wife asked if I fancied an early night last night (you know what I mean) but I turned her down to play some more on my guitar, now that's love at first sight for you.

Pics to follow shortly

Thrench

you turned down sex to play your new guitar...? o_0 jeez, that may have just secretly ended your mariage.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Haa , she seems ok with it, in fact she actually admitted that it's one sexy piece of wood (mmmmh I see a threesome coming on!)

Thrench
Quote by thrench
Haa , she seems ok with it, in fact she actually admitted that it's one sexy piece of wood (mmmmh I see a threesome coming on!)

Thrench

ha, you gonna pull a Steve Byrne and play while you have sex with your wife? XD (if nobody has seen Steve Byrne's stand-up, youtube it)
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by aaronni
Theres a number of small valve amps that fall in your budget. I play blues/rock as well and I use a Vox AC4/TV. It's £189, there's the Fender champion 600 for about £120. I'd look into a few of these if I were you, there's plenty of small affordable tube amps, you wouldn't any more than 5 watts if its tube. Of course with most of these you'd need a few pedals if you're into effects and stuff.

agreed. i haven't tried the vox yet, but the fact it has variable wattage means you've gotta try it if this is just for home use. there are all the other 5 watters, most of which will be under budget (valve junior etc.), but they don't have variable wattage and even 5 watts is ridiculously loud in a home environment.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?