Page 1 of 126
in this thread you post stories, videos, pictures, movie and game recommendations, etc. for other UGers looking for a good late night scare guaranteed to prevent you from going to bed at night.

I'll start it off with a short story that freaked the crap out of me last night.

"“Daddy, I had a bad dream.” You blink your eyes and pull up on your elbows. Your clock glows red in the darkness—it’s 3:23. “Do you want to climb into bed and tell me about it?” “No, Daddy.” The oddness of the situation wakes you up more fully. You can barely make out your daughter’s pale form in the darkness of your room. “Why not sweetie?” “Because in my dream, when I told you about the dream, the thing wearing Mommy’s skin sat up.” For a moment, you feel paralyzed; you can’t take your eyes off of your daughter. The covers behind you begin to shift."

you'll appreciate that more if you read it at 2:00 in the morning like i did
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 28, 2009,
i love your sig.....stickied this and will post later
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
I've read that one before. Anyone want to post the "red" story?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar

You've caught my attention, now what is this "red" story?
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Quote by itchy guitar

yep.

"A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed.

The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to.

This disinclination saved his life. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, “Did you look through the keyhole?” The man told her that he had and she said, “Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.”"
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
in this thread you post stories, videos, pictures, movie and game recommendations, etc. for other UGers looking for a good late night scare guaranteed to prevent you from going to bed at night.

I'll start it off with a short story that freaked the crap out of me last night.

"“Daddy, I had a bad dream.” You blink your eyes and pull up on your elbows. Your clock glows red in the darkness—it’s 3:23. “Do you want to climb into bed and tell me about it?” “No, Daddy.” The oddness of the situation wakes you up more fully. You can barely make out your daughter’s pale form in the darkness of your room. “Why not sweetie?” “Because in my dream, when I told you about the dream, the thing wearing Mommy’s skin sat up.” For a moment, you feel paralyzed; you can’t take your eyes off of your daughter. The covers behind you begin to shift."

you'll appreciate that more if you read it at 2:00 in the morning like i did

Theres way to much correct grammar in that, that it confuses me.. i dont really understand whats going on

edit: oh i see

sorry, been drinking
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Last edited by PETERFKNPARKER at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by PinoyxRockar
You've caught my attention, now what is this "red" story?

yes please.

edeet: Oh, thankyou.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Last edited by PussyPunk182 at Jul 28, 2009,
I told my friend that one in the OP before, now if I say to her "Nezza, I had a bad dream", she tells me to "shut the **** up"
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.”"

It took me awhile to get that part. lol

Quote by MercyfulFate505
I thought that Cave story posted yesterday was kinda creepy, had a nightmare about it.

Redirect me please? I want to read more!
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Last edited by PinoyxRockar at Jul 28, 2009,
There's already a creepypasta thread.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
I think that's a rather modest boast of you in your user title Lt. Shinysides.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

my dream would beat any of your stories..... it was **** scary you guys wouldn't be even able to go back to sleep.
Quote by MercyfulFate505
I thought that Cave story posted yesterday was kinda creepy, had a nightmare about it.

i remember that. it pissed me off how it just "ends"

Quote by ricv2106
my dream would beat any of your stories..... it was **** scary you guys wouldn't be even able to go back to sleep.

post please?

Quote by Benjabenja
There's already a creepypasta thread.

I know, I searchbarred it, but it's closed.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 28, 2009,
The things I saw on /b/ haunt my dreams.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Here's a scarier one, I was 7 and I went to my parent's room to use the bathroom. There I saw my dad give it to my mom doggy style, I could never see a dog the same way again .
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Creepypasta, anyone???
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Ok well i Was sleeping. duh! then on my dream i was with a friend and then a group of satanistic people surrounded us..... I think that they wanted to hit us and we werent really scared in the dreamed and we tuned them : Look there is only one true god and they started to get angry. Suddenly they were attacking us and in my dream i said.....
"F@CK Satan..." IMEDIATLY after i said those words i get woken up, my body is like paralised (i cant move my arms i can only see in front of me....) but yet my arms and legs are shaking (eg: like in exorcist the movie,maybe not as bad but still) at the same time i hear like a voice , its like this shriek (eg: death metal like kinda voice) and my breathing is harder and i am almost like chocking (like if the devil was getting pissed off at me and like taking me by the troath ), then i was **** scared and i could see in front of me as i said earlier, i tried to ask for GOds help but i couldnt speak at all but i still did it in my mind, eventually i could speak the words. "the power of Christ compels you " and other stuff like "GOd help me" and eventually i felt like IF A SPIRIT left my body and i was staring at EXACTLY the same spot (its not like at the end of a dream where u wake up and stare at a different spots). And yeah i was **** scared and it felt EXTREMELLY REAL.
And its no BS its true , before i remember before i get that whole paralised thing i like felt that something was coming and saw some weird symbols.

yeah freaky stuff....
So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is “wut r u doing wit my daughter?” U tell ur girl n she say “my dad is ded”. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?
Quote by crackerpleaz
So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is “wut r u doing wit my daughter?” U tell ur girl n she say “my dad is ded”. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

ive herd tht b4...
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by ricv2106
Ok well i Was sleeping. duh! then on my dream i was with a friend and then a group of satanistic people surrounded us..... I think that they wanted to hit us and we werent really scared in the dreamed and we tuned them : Look there is only one true god and they started to get angry. Suddenly they were attacking us and in my dream i said.....
"F@CK Satan..." IMEDIATLY after i said those words i get woken up, my body is like paralised (i cant move my arms i can only see in front of me....) but yet my arms and legs are shaking (eg: like in exorcist the movie,maybe not as bad but still) at the same time i hear like a voice , its like this shriek (eg: death metal like kinda voice) and my breathing is harder and i am almost like chocking (like if the devil was getting pissed off at me and like taking me by the troath ), then i was **** scared and i could see in front of me as i said earlier, i tried to ask for GOds help but i couldnt speak at all but i still did it in my mind, eventually i could speak the words. "the power of Christ compels you " and other stuff like "GOd help me" and eventually i felt like IF A SPIRIT left my body and i was staring at EXACTLY the same spot (its not like at the end of a dream where u wake up and stare at a different spots). And yeah i was **** scared and it felt EXTREMELLY REAL.
And its no BS its true , before i remember before i get that whole paralised thing i like felt that something was coming and saw some weird symbols.

yeah freaky stuff....

sleep paralysis can be pretty freaky.. :/

I"ve had it a few times, but nothing overwhelmingly scary's happened..
Quote by texico11
My god, 26 scared the crap out of me

The windowcleaner man right?
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by PinoyxRockar
It took me awhile to get that part. lol

Redirect me please? I want to read more!

They have no eyes then?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Apparently the owners of this house had been seeing images and hearing voices for quite a while. They did some research and found that a lady once lived in the house who lost her husband during the civil war.

Legend says that she used to sit at the table and look across the fields in anticipation of her loved one returning home. He never came.

So, they say she still waits.

They caught this photo (using digital imaging and sound) of what they claim to be her.

This one is wild and a little spooky once you find the ghost in the picture.

It took me about 30 seconds to find it, but when you do, it just stands out. Like an optical illusion.

To save you some time, concentrate around the table and sort of towards the window.

http://www.martectx.de/whatswrong.swf
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
Quote by fumb-duck
Apparently the owners of this house had been seeing images and hearing voices for quite a while. They did some research and found that a lady once lived in the house who lost her husband during the civil war.

Legend says that she used to sit at the table and look across the fields in anticipation of her loved one returning home. He never came.

So, they say she still waits.

They caught this photo (using digital imaging and sound) of what they claim to be her.

This one is wild and a little spooky once you find the ghost in the picture.

It took me about 30 seconds to find it, but when you do, it just stands out. Like an optical illusion.

To save you some time, concentrate around the table and sort of towards the window.

http://www.martectx.de/whatswrong.swf

everyone has seen that at this point
The Rake

During the summer of 2003, events in the northeastern United States involving a strange, humanlike creature sparked brief local media interest before an apparent blackout was enacted. Little or no information was left intact, as most online and written accounts of the creature were mysteriously destroyed.

Primarily focused in rural New York state, self proclaimed witnesses told stories of thier enounters with a creature of unkown origin. Emotions ranged from extremely traumatic levels of fright and discomfort, to an almost childlike sense of playfulness and curiosity. While their published versions are no longer on record, the memories remained powerful. Several of the involved parties began looking for answers that year.

In early 2006, the collaboration had accumulated nearly two dozen documents dating between the 12th century and present day, spanning 4 continents. In almost all cases, the stories were identical. I’ve been in contact with a member of this group and was able to get some exceprts from their upcoming book.

The Rake

A Suicide Note: 1964

As I prepare to take my life, I feel it necessary to assuage any guilt or pain I have introduced through this act. It is not the fault of anyone other than him. For once I awoke and felt his presence. And once I awoke and saw his form. Once again I awoke and heard his voice, and looked into his eyes. I cannot sleep without fear of what I might next awake to experience. I cannot ever wake. Goodbye.

Found in the same wooden box were two empty envelopes addressed to William and Rose, and one loose personal letter with no envelope.

‘Dearest Linnie,
I have prayed for you. He spoke your name.’

A Journal Entry (translated from Spanish): 1880

I have experience the greatest terror. I have experienced the greatest terror. I have experienced the greatest terror. I see his eyes when I close mine. They are hollow. Black. They saw me and pierced me. His wet hand. I will not sleep. His voice (unintelligible text).

A Mariner’s Log: 1691

He came to me in my sleep. From the foot of my bed I felt a sensation. He took everything. We must return to England. We shall not return here again at the request of the Rake.

From a Witness: 2006

Three years ago, I had just returned from a trip from Niagara Falls with my family for the 4th of July. We were all very exhausted after a long day of driving, so my husband and I put the kids right to bed and called it a night.

At about 4am, I woke up thinking my husband had gotten up to use the restroom. I used the moment to steal back the sheets, only to wake him in the process. I appologized and told him I though he got out of bed. When he turned to face me, he gasped and pulled his feet up from the end of the bed so quickly his knee almost knocked me out of the bed. He then grabbed me and said nothing.

After adjusting to the dark for a half second, I was able to see what caused the strange reaction. At the foot of the bed, sitting and facing away from us, there was what appeared to be a naked man, or a large hairless dog of some sort. It’s body position was disturbing and unnatural, as if it had been hit by a car or something. For some reason, I was not instantly frightened by it, but more concerned as to its condition. At this point I was somewhat under the assumption that we were supposed to help him.

My husband was peering over his arm and knee, tucked into the fetal position, occasionally glancing at me before returning to the creature.

In a flurry of motion, the creature scrambled around the side of the bed, and then crawled quickly in a flailing sort of motion right along the bed until it was less than a foot from my husband’s face. The creature was completely silent for about 30 seconds (or probably closer to 5, it just seemed like a while) just looking at my husband. The creature then placed its hand on his knee and ran into the hallway, leading to the kids’ rooms.

I screamed and ran for the lightswitch, planning to stop him before he hurt my children. When I got to the hallway, the light from the bedroom was enough to see it crouching and hunched over about 20 feet away. He turned around and looked directly at me, covered in blood. I flipped the switch on the wall and saw my daughter Clara.

The creature ran down the stairs while my husband and I rushed to help our daughter. She was very badly injured and spoke only once more in her short life. She said “he is the Rake”.

My husband drove his car into a lake that night, while rushing our daughter to the hospital. He did not survive.

Being a small town, news got around pretty quickly. The police were helpful at first, and the local newspaper took a lot of interest as well. However, the story was never published and the local television news never followed up either.

For several months, my son Justin and I stayed in a hotel near my parent’s house. After we decided to return home, I began looking for answers myself. I eventually located a man in the next town over who had a similar story. We got in contact and began talking about our experiences. He knew of two other people in New York who had seen the creature we now referred to as the Rake.

It took the four of us about two solid years of hunting on the internet and writing letters to come up with a small collection of what we believe to be accounts of the Rake. None of them gave any details, history or follow up. One journal had an entry involving the creature in its first 3 pages, and never mentioned it again. A ship’s log explained nothing of the encounter, saying only that they were told to leave by the Rake. That was the last entry in the log.

There were, however, many instances where the creature’s visit was one of a series of visits with the same person. Multiple people also mentioned being spoken to, my daughter included. This led us to wonder if the Rake had visited any of us before our last encounter.

I set up a digital recorder near my bed and left it running all night, every night, for two weeks. I would tediously scan through the sounds of me rolling around in my bed each day when I woke up. By the end of the second week, I was quite used to the occasional sound of sleep while blurring through the recording at 8 times the normal speed. (This still took almost an hour every day)

On the first day of the third week, I thought I heard something different. What I found was a shrill voice. It was the Rake. I can’t listen to it long enough to even begin to transcribe it. I haven’t let anyone listen to it yet. All I know is that I’ve heard it before, and I now believe that it spoke when it was sitting in front of my husband. I don’t remember hearing anything at the time, but for some reason, the voice on the recorder immediately brings me back to that moment.

The thoughts that must have gone through my daughter’s head make me very upset.

I have not seen the Rake since he ruined my life, but I know that he has been in my room while I slept. I know and fear that one night I’ll wake up to see him staring at me.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
yep.

"A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed.

The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to.

This disinclination saved his life. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, “Did you look through the keyhole?” The man told her that he had and she said, “Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.”"

Aw noo, why? I need sleep tonight. Ah man.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
yep.

Holy **** that scared me for some reason.
Quote by The Silent Fool
^ a winner we have.
Is it just me, or hasn't this thread been done like 3 times already this week?

I remember, because I couldn't sleep two nights ago.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by texico11
It probably has been at some point. The recent one you're thinking of might have been the "horrific things that keep you up" thread (something along those lines) or the MINDF**K Images thread, bot slightly different because they involve pictures as apposed to stories.

the horrific things that keep you up thread is also closed.