>.< I was jaming out with my craptastic Fende Starcaster today and the string tree shot out of it and across the room...... tried screwng it back in but the screw hole is striped nothing for the screw to catch on would I be able to super glue the string tree back into plce without a problem ? or should I do something else to fix it
First of all, don't panic. The string tree isn't THAT big of a deal....Not like the Nut or a Tuner broke off...

You can just move the tree a little closer to the nut, and make a new hole.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
yeah string trees are no big deal, i've found that not using the D+G string tree keeps my starcaster in tune much better and even when using the trem in standard tuning it stays in tune
Quote by iampeter
can you just use some wood glue to seal the string tree in? let it dry of course

That might work, it may end up popping back out later on though.....

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
I'd fil it with wood & glue or with an epoxy. Let dry then redrill hole.
Moving on.....
Sperzel locking tuners come in staggered heights so you don't need to use a string tee. They're made in the USA and are much better quality than what's on your guitar now. I've seen factory seconds.. minor cosmetic blemishes.. on eBay for $35.
Quote by tukk04
yeah string trees are no big deal, i've found that not using the D+G string tree keeps my starcaster in tune much better and even when using the trem in standard tuning it stays in tune

Good its my D+G tree that broke not the other one O.o I'll try just not using it but I was wanting it back on I think later on though i might fill the hole with wood glue then redrill it a little bit foward its no biggy eather way I got the guitar for only 100 and havent put much money into it mostly been buying stuff that will help a better guitar sound better like the rp-90 and my peavy vypyr modeling 15 watt amp =3 I loves that amp I loves it so much
Quote by KenG
I'd fil it with wood & glue or with an epoxy. Let dry then redrill hole.

+1. A piece of a hardwood tooth pick would make ideal filler. Use matchsticks if no TPs available, but a hardwood will provide the screw maximum purchase.