I have a Schecter Classic and I really like the look and feel of it, but it just sounds too treble-y and thin to me compared to the sound i had in mind. I was thinking more of a les paul-like sound without going through all the trouble of selling my current guitar and paying all that money for the Gibson logo on the headstock. I was curious as to some pickups that i could possible get to correct this problem. My current pickups are Seymour Duncan JB and Seymour Duncan '59
Try some seymour duncan Alnico II pick-ups. Those might do it for you.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Trade it for a Les Paul
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
^He said he didn't want to get a LP...just the sound
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Tade iot up or try to reEQ your amp.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Ok, so basically everyone wants you to buy a LP.

Find the Lp that you like, check out what pickups it has, research those pickups and see if they'll work for you.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Yeah, but a thin guitar is a thin guitar.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
u could try an eq pedal of some sort, that might help if u can find the right settings
You can get close with effects and new pickups, but you aren't gonna get that Les Paul tone with that thin of a guitar.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
If you want a guitar that sounds exactly like one with Gibson on the headstock, you are gonna have to get one with Gibson on the headstock. Lots of people around here will tell you to get a Schecter or Ibanez, but you already know that isn't true.
There is NO way you can make one guitar sound like another.

If that were possible, there wouldn't be a need for boutique manufacturers or unique designs. Everyone'd play some generic guitar and tweak the tone to get what they want to hear.

Trade up your guitar or I think there's some pedal or modeller that can make your guitar sound like another. Only thing is that the sound is really processed.

Changing your pickup is not really an option either. Burstbuckers in a Gibson LP sound completely different in another guitar. Also the Seymour Duncan Alinco Pro II are reknown to be voiced flatly with a balanced EQ, its designed to make the parts of the sum really shine. If you have great gear and know how to use them, the Alinco Pro II will sound awesome, however, if you're not familiar with your gear and don't know how to squeeze the last bit of magic from each, the pickups will sound flat and lacking in character.

However, you seem to be aware of what you don't like about the sound, so why don't you get an eq pedal to tweak the sound frequencies that you find too sharp?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jul 28, 2009,