i uploaded the three tracks from my bands latest E.P.
the songs are The Forgotten, Seven and Go Back Home
all comments and feedback appreciated!
thanks
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Go Back Home:
Good:
-Pretty well written.
-I loved the leads in the chorus, and the verse riff.
-I love the simplicity but power of the chorus.
-The bridge was pretty awesome.
-The 1st solo was ****ing amazing
Need of Improvement:
-Outro solo could've been longer before fading out.
-I didn't really like the vocals that much in the verses... I like it everywhere else, but there was something wrong with the verses... Didn't know what. The vocals could've also been raspier too.
-and that's it lol.

Seven
Good:
-Love the intro riff and the variation of it for the verse.
-Liked the singer's voice in this song... I thought the he sounded kinda like the guy from Incubus.
-Lots of power in the chorus, and it dies back down for the verse. Really awesome.
-Guitar solo was great too. Very emotional, it really took the song to a completely different place.
-Love the build-up in the pre-verse after the solo, then it stops for a beat, and goes into the chorus.
-Outro was really good.

Needs Improvement:
-Nothing

The Forgotten
Good:
-The buildup in the intro with the big long powerchord and the drums bashing away.
-Love how it slows down for the first part of the first verse.
-And then it slows down again for the first part of the 3rd verse
-I like the no drums for that one part, I lost track on what it was one lol.
-Really fast, punk-rockish, rebellious song, like the way it ends.

Needs Improvement:
-Once again, I thought the singer's voice should've been a raspier for this song... I'm starting to think that's not his style, and that's fine, he has a good voice... It's just one of those minor details that can really affect a song.
-I don't know if you're using a drum machine, but at times it sounded like it.

You guys remind a lot of Iron Maiden and heavy metal from the 80s and 90s... Metallica, Megadeth, etc. I also see some G'N'R influence in there, correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 28, 2009,
we like to think of ourselves as having an updated hard rock sound, so naturally guns and roses are an influence, glad you picked up on that. really appreciate the criticisms, vocals is always a tricky thing for us, both the guitarists sing, me and the other guy, so theres no real frontman, which means we never really push the vocals that way... if that makes any sense.
the whole recording process for these three songs was kinda rushed and squashed into a weekend so that explains some of the shortcomings production-wise.

thanks!
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
yeah was all done in a studio, isolated instruments, multi tracking etc.
the mic set-up on the drumkit was insane, seriously.
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0