hey guys please excuse me if i have posted this in the wrong place, ok now i think im going to get the line 6 pod X3 because someone said you can record it straight onto your computer, now i have logic pro and usually make music but never actually got round to finding out how i can record stuff in to it.

how is it done?
what do i need?
does it cost a lot?

thanks
i dont know, and i dont know if it will support mac os x, and besides then i cant realyl add drums and bass and pianos into it :/
Well, it should really just act like a recording interface, with modelling effects. So I don't see what the problem would be.

If there's any problem there'll be something on the internet with help.
I record with Logic - Actually just got Logic 9 - it should work fine - I use my Multi-Effect pedals at times and my Boss GS-10 is basically a Multi-Effects System with USB and it works beautifully with Logic. The new Logic 9 is really nice. The new amps, the pedalboard deigner with all the vintage pedals, etc will be giving Amplitube and Guitar Rig some real competition with Mac owners. It's "fine as mouse hair"!

You can run anything "soundwise" into Logic with just a standard cable - 1/4" guitar cable with an 1/8" adapter into the LINE IN - if it has USB even better! Just load whatever USB Drivers it comes with and select them as INPUT and OUTPUT in Logic's Prefernces. Create an AUDIO track - not an instrument track - but an AUDIO TRACK (stereo or mono, won't matter) - turn monitoring on and VOILA' you'll hear whatever the ME Pedal is putting out. I use mine with a really good CLEAN preset and then use Amplitube Fender, Guitar Rig, etc to do the effects (or any of the really KEWL new amps and pedals in Logic 9)... I also use my Boss's High Gain presets and don't have to add anything but plug-ins will really give you unlimited potential.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Jul 31, 2009,