Hi, peeps.
Just had some questions in my head and I need to get answers.

1- How can I make VST plugins sound on the amp? (using the computer as a effect pedal, I can manage using them in real time and hearing the effects through the computer speakers).

2- Is there some good way to record an electric guitar playing video? (been trying to not get the real song mixed with my playing, have failed, here's an example of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n38v0e-5Ew0 )

If these questions are in a wrong section, sorry for that.
USB interfaces may or may not have a line out, if they do then just run it to your amp's speaker using a 1/4 adapter instead of running it to your speaker.

well I bought the Native Instruments Session I/0 package Its got a USB interface and software called guitar rig 3 with amp effects and whatever. I use garageband to mix the audio (in garageband you can use VST programs as a plug in and the USB interface as the default input and output source) and I record using a webcam. Next I mute the video's sound and then drag and drop the garageband track into imovie on top of the video and try to get the timing right. (Im probably missing something simple but hey it works.) Mine came with Cubase LE and Korg Player but I dont use them.

Before I bought that I was tempted by the Line6 UX1. $99 bucks and its got a USB interface and software. With that though you need to download something like audacity or garageband to record the audio. And you will need a webcam and something to record video

M Audio makes a good interface for $99 but you will need software for the effects and software to record.

Ive heard good things about Peavey Revalver and Waves GTR3 as well.

Theres a boatload of programs out there
Ive got videos on the link in my sig if you care

________
You will probably get better answers in riffs and recording

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
Last edited by REV3LATI0N at Jul 28, 2009,
to use vst plugins thru your amp, id imagine youd need your guitar to hook to your comp (either from the amp or directly to the comp) the use the amp as a speaker using line in.

for the second queestion, if you can do the first part, you can do the second part. just instead of playing out to the amp, record it while recording a video and splice the feeds.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
so if I connect a cable from my Amp's Line out to my computer's Line in, I may be able to use VST effects so the effects sound come from the amp?
Im getting a bit confused here:

If you want to record the sound that comes straight from your amp then yes, do what you said above.

If you want your VST software to play through your amp's speaker then you would need to plug into a USB interface or soundcard and run a line out into the line in on the amp. The VST needs to get the effects out of the comp and into the speaker.
guitar---->into USB interface or sound card in computer (1/4 jack)----->out to amplifier speaker's line in

If you want experts on this, I would suggest reposting this in the Riffs & Recordings forum

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em