The ESP is good for metal with the active EMGs, but the Ibanez S series guitars are known for being very versatile.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
ESP pickups > Ibanez Pickups
Ibanez Neck/Body > ESP Neck/Body

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
id say ibanez in this case mostly because you say that you play blues. the esp is pretty much a metal machine. plus the ibanez has an edge zr tremolo so that will be fun
i would choose the ibanez as the pickups will play the blues better than the emgs although i would rather prefer the esp as i'm not a fan of tremelos
I would say the Ibanez if you want a trem, as the S has an especially good trem. If you dont need a trem, then the EC is the one to buy. Personally, I would go for the S, as it seems like it would be more versatile. It has passive pickups and it (likely, dont take this as fact) has a slimmer neck, both of which seem to make the guitar more versatile than the ESP.
Haven't you got your guitar yet? Anyway if you will be changing tunings alot then get the LTD or use a backup guitar but you may as well just get a new amp while you're at it though the Ibanez can be made to sound good as well through any good enough amp.
I have been looking at the 520ex as well, I really want a guitar with 24 frets, but I am still just learning and I havnt really encountered any songs involving the 24th frets yet, but Id like the ability in the future.

The 520ex is $755 new in store here, but some guy is selling one used with a case and a strap for $450, im thinking of checking it out and seeing if I can talk him down to $400, would this be a good deal?

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
anyone? :x:

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Yes. Ibanez.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Quote by glenthemann
I have been looking at the 520ex as well, I really want a guitar with 24 frets, but I am still just learning and I havnt really encountered any songs involving the 24th frets yet, but Id like the ability in the future.

The 520ex is $755 new in store here, but some guy is selling one used with a case and a strap for $450, im thinking of checking it out and seeing if I can talk him down to $400, would this be a good deal?

You won't necessarily will, 24th frets aren't used too often in songs, occasionally someone will bend a full step on the 22nd fret. It makes the neck a little more comfortable IMO so if you're used to it, get it.

In all honesty an ESP EC-1000 Sunburst model sounds better than both to me.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
wait are you saying 22 frets makes the neck more comfortable?

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
ESP and Ibanez are seriously overpriced in Europe. I would recommend you a Washburn X50PRO.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

hminh87 is right get a washburn but when i got my first upgrade i got the ibanez and the floyd style bridges are good if you stay in a single tuning otherwise get the esp ltd
Agile 725 7 string w/Blackouts (new paint too)
Jackson Soloist Professional Standard
Jackson SLSMG With Livewire Metals
Fernandes Tremor 4 string
Peavey 5150 2x12 (new tolex and re-biased)
Peavey TNT 100 1x15
Line 6 Pod XT w/FBV
Misc Junk
Quote by glenthemann
wait are you saying 22 frets makes the neck more comfortable?

No. It is my personal preference that 24 frets is more comfortable. I just like it because I hate having to bend on the last fret, and the 24th is barely used so...
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
So would you say its a pretty good deal for the 520ex for $450? thats in canadian dollars by the way, like I said its new in store for $755, and the guy is offering it with a case (not sure if its hard or soft)..

Im thinking im gonna message him and go see if I can check it out, and if its in mint condition I think I'll probably buy it, I think the s series guitars are puresex

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Quote by hminh87
ESP and Ibanez are seriously overpriced in Europe. I would recommend you a Washburn X50PRO.

Come on, what's not overpriced in Europe? If you think like that, the only things you could buy is a Vigier, RAN, or some other expensive high end **** that is made in Europe. Besides that, Europe is more like an amp region than a guitar region. Marshall, Vox, Orange, Engl, Laney, ... But guitars? ............
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Ive yet to find an Ibanez I liked, but the ESP I know is a good model.

I think it'll come down to if you want the tremolo or not. If so, go for the Ibanez. If you prefer the fixed bridge, get the ESP.
p[eople thinkg you can only play metal but it's not really true, if you have the right pikcups. I think the neck is a 60, which gets awesome cleans.
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!