Hey guys. I play in a hardcore punk band named A Lesser Evil and i currently play a Schector Stiletto Elite-4 and i've been considering buying a most high scale bass.

I've noticed that alot of bands use the American fender jazz or p bass but i'm not really too happy just going with the normal bass you see everywhere, i want something atleast a little out of the cliche'.

I've been looking into the fender Jaguar Bass but i'm wondering if you guys have any other suggestions.
dude, fender jazz bass's are nice, jsut as long as its not a mexican one. i have a fender jazz with a custom neck and a Badass bridge on it and active Line 6 pickups and i love it, i mean the bodies for them are extremly durable, just get one and custom it to how you want.
Look at Ibanez, Spector, maybe ESP, and maybe Music Man basses. Lots of very cool designs, pickups, and great sound.

EDIT: To above poster, what exactly ARE Line 6 pickups?
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Jul 28, 2009,
I would suggest you find a store that carrys Laklands, the 44-02 and 55-02 are great basses. If you want something out of the ordinary give ESP, Warwick and Spector a look. They're not rare but you dont see them as often as fenders.
+1 on the laklands they are great basses.

EllttEll: line 6 pickups?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
with the lakland basses what is the difference between the standard and the skyline? also how's the lakland decade? it looks sick
i would look into a stinray, great for your style of music and if muney is an issuse the sterling by musicman ray 34 may be worth looking into
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Lackland
Sandberg
Jackson
Fender has models like the Aerodynes that would do well
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by A_Lesser_Evil
with the lakland basses what is the difference between the standard and the skyline? also how's the lakland decade? it looks sick

Don't know about the decade but more about the others. Difference between them is much the same as a MIA vrs a MIM fender. Standard are made in America, Skyline is made in Korea(I believe). I know that the US series has bone nut instead of plastic and the maple is birdseye maple on most of them. Along with those facts the basses are built completely by hand after the rough shapes are tilled.

Also the US series has more kickass colors, but I digress.

Like many other brands, US series vs Skyline is the decision between buying a 3-5k instrument vs a 1-2k instrument. I love the US series, but the Skyline can hold it's own and is well worth the price, especially compared to other basses in its range.
Quote by EllttEll
dude, fender jazz bass's are nice, jsut as long as its not a mexican one. i have a fender jazz with a custom neck and a Badass bridge on it and active Line 6 pickups and i love it, i mean the bodies for them are extremly durable, just get one and custom it to how you want.

you blatantly have no idea what you're talking about. Mexican fenders are not bad and line 6 pickups?
yeah, anyway...

To TS: I quite like jaguars, but they don't work for everyone.
If I had the money I would be going to try out Rickenbackers and some high end Arias and maybe an Ibanez prestige, but that's just me.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by EllttEll
active Line 6 pickups

WHAT IS THIS?

Has Line 6 begun the hellish decent into cheap, digital sounding pickups for my bass? Are they not content to stop at ruining perfectly good amps? Or has EllttEll simply made an error in his typing?

I must know.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by RockIsHowIRoll
dude geddy lee jazz bass for the win

yeah its a great bass even though its a jazz you will most likely not find another band with a bassist who has one as most will go for the normal one, Chris #2 from Anti-Flag uses one and its such a brillaint bass especially in a punk band.Also it shows its highly versatile :P
You could get a Warwick standard for about the price of a Jag.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
WHAT IS THIS?

Has Line 6 begun the hellish decent into cheap, digital sounding pickups for my bass? Are they not content to stop at ruining perfectly good amps? Or has EllttEll simply made an error in his typing?

I must know.

Well, they're moddeling pickups, they can "sound like" any other pickup on the market, they even have a grind mode, it gives you the br00talz distortion you need to cut through mix
i think a musicman stingray would give you a cool tone, you wouldn't even need the two humbuckers, one would work fine. if you use a pick and have a stingray on the bridge pickup, you can get a sick tone. i usually use my fingers, but with your style of music id go for the pick.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
I would worry more about whether I like the bass than whether it's 'out of the cliche' or not. People are going to remember you for your skills, not that crazy-half-star-half-gun type bass. I would recommend going into a local music store, trying some that you like, then post them on here and we can give you more info.

Personally, I prefer the P-Bass.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
i'm gonna go to some local music stores sometime this weekend and see if i can tryout the Rickenbacker 4003. i found some on ebay for around 1500 which is kinda my max price.

I'm also gonna try the jaguar bass and the musicman, and prob some american fenders.

thanks for all your help dudes
Hell for that price range you owe it to yourself to try out some Warwicks, Ibanez Prestige series, and if you can find one an actual ESP not just the ltd models
Quote by A_Lesser_Evil
does anyone have experience ordering a custom from warmoth?

Ask Deliriumbassist, he recently got a Warwick custom bass.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
The difference between lakland USA and skyline.

Their both amazingly made bass's. Who ever said the like MIA vs MIM has no idea.
The USA are built to order more time and effort is put into them yes, you can also have more choices in the end product.
The skylines are also amazing bass's like really good, up their with any other USA made model, easily outstripping fender etc. The wood and construction is amazing, and their sound to, almost erotic.....
Honestly theirs no way you can go wrong with a lakland, the only thing that could stop you is the lack of 24 frets. The 55-02's 55-01's etc are really good quality, but different tones etc.
Theirs a really good vid on youtube, of someone comparing a 55-02 deluxe to a musicman stingray, fender jazz and precision bass's. If you find it play it and dont look at it so you wont be biased. You will be ahrd pressed to hear the differences in the lakland versus these other bass's.
When i have the money im getting a lakland 55-02.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
The difference between lakland USA and skyline.

Their both amazingly made bass's. Who ever said the like MIA vs MIM has no idea.
The USA are built to order more time and effort is put into them yes, you can also have more choices in the end product.
The skylines are also amazing bass's like really good, up their with any other USA made model, easily outstripping fender etc. The wood and construction is amazing, and their sound to, almost erotic.....
Honestly theirs no way you can go wrong with a lakland, the only thing that could stop you is the lack of 24 frets. The 55-02's 55-01's etc are really good quality, but different tones etc.
Theirs a really good vid on youtube, of someone comparing a 55-02 deluxe to a musicman stingray, fender jazz and precision bass's. If you find it play it and dont look at it so you wont be biased. You will be ahrd pressed to hear the differences in the lakland versus these other bass's.
When i have the money im getting a lakland 55-02.

MIA vs MIM was a pretty bad comparison I admit I do wish it had 24 frets, but the feel and sound of the 55-02 I played was just... wow. Killed most of the other basses there that I played.
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
WHAT IS THIS?

I must know.

Line 6 makes fantastic products. The solid state spiders and the really cheap pocket pods suck but thats it.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^