Hey guys I have a 2 part question. At the moment, I'm experimenting with sounds and such and I'm wondering if you guys knew any sound effects you can make with the guitar. Ie.: The Mario Coin thing where in the game you jump up and it makes a sound when you hit the coin. Things like that.

The next part is something I'm not sure if the answer will be obvious or not, I just don't know the answer myself. How do you control Feedback? What I'm really refering to is the song "Sober" by Tool. In the intro, the guitar has a lot of feedback, but its changing pitches and such. I was wondering how you do that.

Thanks.
Ie.: The Mario Coin thing where in the game you jump up and it makes a sound when you hit the coin. Things like that.

wha.
Feedback can generally be controlled by string tension I believe, among other things.

Having a whammy bar is very helpful in feedback control. The hardest part is getting the feedback from going wildly out of control.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Seryaph
Feedback can generally be controlled by string tension I believe, among other things.

Having a whammy bar is very helpful in feedback control. The hardest part is getting the feedback from going wildly out of control.

THATS HOW YOU DO IT!?

Here was me putting the guitar close to the amp and holding my hand over the pickup
Quote by WhiskeyFace
THATS HOW YOU DO IT!?

Here was me putting the guitar close to the amp and holding my hand over the pickup

Well, you have to have your gain up and after that it is a matter of letting the strings vibrate in sympathy to each other. A feather-light stroke of the strings helps matters. Facing the amp does help but it is not essential. Increasing or decreasing the tension of the strings increases or decreases the velocity of the vibrations, thereby affecting the pitch of the feedback.

Just don't blow out your speakers.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.