So after about a year of playing I finally realized that for a beginners guitar my guitar is acceptable and I really should be looking into buying a new amp to replace my crappy Behringer GM108. So I've really narrowed it down to Either a Peavey ValveKing 112, Peavey Windsor Studio 20w, or a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 60W. So I was wondering out of those 3 what would you guys recommend?
my rhythm guitarist has the vyper. its ok, has a little too much treble for my liking, but other than that a great amp for what it is. (MUCH better than a line6 spyder). ive played thru a valveking myself, it was decent, but when you get down to it, its all personal preference. go to a guitar shop nearby and try each one, see which you like best.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
out of those 3, definitely the valveking. unless the vypyr tube actually does boast a really good tube sound, but I've tried a regular vypyr, a valveking, and the windsor studio, and the valveking was the best.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I personally like the Windsor's. They sound great, they're cheap, and are pretty good quality amps. I don't like Vypyrs at all but alot of people love them... that's just me. Never played a valveking though sorry. Play all of them and see which you like best.

Are you open to any other suggestions?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
I personally like the Windsor's. They sound great, they're cheap, and are pretty good quality amps. I don't like Vypyrs at all but alot of people love them... that's just me. Never played a valveking though sorry. Play all of them and see which you like best.

Are you open to any other suggestions?

I'm open to any suggestion. I just named these because these are the ones I played at the local guitar shop yesterday and liked them all about equally. But then I did only have like 3 minutes on each not really enough time to really test.
Quote by TK1
my rhythm guitarist has the vyper. its ok, has a little too much treble for my liking, but other than that a great amp for what it is. (MUCH better than a line6 spyder). ive played thru a valveking myself, it was decent, but when you get down to it, its all personal preference. go to a guitar shop nearby and try each one, see which you like best.

+1000 the Studio 20w. Very nice amp, the ability to sub out the tubes for 6l6's, 77s, or whatever really is great.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Quote by DigitalGraffiti
I'm open to any suggestion. I just named these because these are the ones I played at the local guitar shop yesterday and liked them all about equally. But then I did only have like 3 minutes on each not really enough time to really test.

Budget?
Bands/Genres?
Nearest major city?
Head/Stack or Combo?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
I personally like the Windsor better than the valveking. Thought it was fuller sound than the valveking. But i just prefer one channel amps as a personal tone preference
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
The Valveking and Vyper are very very nice amps...you won't go wrong either way...me personally I'm not very big on modeling amps, so I'd go the Valveking....but that's just me.
My grandfather would say: "I'm going upstairs to fuck your grandmother". He was an honest man, and he wasn't going to bullshit a four-year-old.

-Carlin
Quote by JayT44
Budget?
Bands/Genres?
Nearest major city?
Head/Stack or Combo?

1. About $500
2. Has to be all purpose between church band practice and personal taste this thing is going to be doing gospel to like BTBAM covers.
3. Tallahassee? But then it would be really easy for me to get a trip to Atlanta.
4. Combo

lol this is so late.
Quote by DigitalGraffiti
1. About $500
2. Has to be all purpose between church band practice and personal taste this thing is going to be doing gospel to like BTBAM covers.
3. Tallahassee? But then it would be really easy for me to get a trip to Atlanta.
4. Combo

lol this is so late.

Ok and for gigging or practice? And you mean Tallahassee AND Atlanta then? And as for versatility do you have OD/distortion pedals for heavier stuff? Or do you need it built into the amp?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 28, 2009,
Ok... try out a Blackstar HT5, Vox Night Train, and a Peavey Windsor Halfstack. I'm looking on Craigslist for anything that would suit your needs.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by JayT44
Ok... try out a Blackstar HT5, Vox Night Train, and a Peavey Windsor Halfstack. I'm looking on Craigslist for anything that would suit your needs.

Dude thanks your both helpful and awesome.
Quote by DigitalGraffiti
Dude thanks your both helpful and awesome.

Peavey XXX 40w Tube Combo

Peavey JSX 212 Combo

<---- BUY THIS ASAP!!!!

You'd really be stupid not to buy that JCM as quick as you can
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by DigitalGraffiti
Thanks for all your help I'm hopping on it.

EDIT: See if you can get more pics and/or play it when you go to pick it up to make sure nothing is wrong with it... that's a hell of a price
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 29, 2009,