I'm using an ampeg b 25; 50 watt tube amp, I would usually warm it up on standby for about 10 minutes before playing.
But after i play it for about half an hour or so the head gets quite hot, not quite hot enough to burn me, but to give a little sting.
I can also keep my hand on the backplate, it would be hot but i can still keep my hands there.
Is this normal for tube amps? Its definitely hotter than the previous tube combo i used, does anything to be replaced?

Thanks
Its normal
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
Tubes do get very very hot, they're essentially overpowered lightbulbs (Take that term very loosely you techies out there) so it should be fine.
haha thanks had me worrying for a bit there. but for future reference is there a way to test it, or a rule of thumbs to be telling when its getting too hot?
If the amp surface gets so hot you actually burn yourself (like on a stove) then it's too hot. But do take in mind, most amps have warnings that the back panel can easily get hot enough to burn yourself. But if it's so hot it smokes, you better turn it off :p
My Classic 30 gets really hot. Times I can't touch it.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
As everyone one has stated it is normal for tube amps to get hot. If you're really worried about it though purchase a small fan to keep things cool.
Quote by anubiz03
Tubes do get very very hot, they're essentially overpowered lightbulbs (Take that term very loosely you techies out there) so it should be fine.

Underpowered, actually.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
when I get too cold i turn on my tube amp, and surround the tubes with my hand to absorb their precious warmth.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Underpowered, actually.

haha what i was thinking
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by esp1234
when I get too cold i turn on my tube amp, and surround the tubes with my hand to absorb their precious warmth.

That was really creepy for some reason.