After playing an Epiphone Les Paul at Sam Ash the other day, I realized that I like it better than my SG Special. I was planning on selling it and using the extra money for a pickup swap.

I would prefer something with pickup covers. Most people would say "looks don't matter," but I think they look so much better with covers on it.

Here are the sounds I would prefer

Bridge: Pretty much just a standard bridge-sound is good for me.
Neck: warmer, smoother tone.

So, which pickups WITH covers would be best? By the way, please don't reccomend an ESP LP-style guitar.

EDIT: My budget is $150> for each pickup. If genres matter, I play skate punk and pop punk, so all I really need is something basic.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by tmfiore at Jul 28, 2009,
We need more information as what would you like to improve, or what sound you maybe aiming at? Any specific budget?
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by RR787
We need more information as what would you like to improve, or what sound you maybe aiming at? Any specific budget?

I mentioned the sound in the post, but I forgot to mention the budget.

I am willing to spend around $150> for each pickup, preferably around $100 for each.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
How about some SD Pearly Gates or a Pearly Gates in the neck and a JB in the bridge.
Crap forgot you said you wanted covers, you could always put them on.
Last edited by Rhoads_1096 at Jul 28, 2009,
Seymour Duncan Custom 5/ 59 model.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Seymour Duncan Custom 5/ 59 model.

Thanks. On Musicians Friend I can get a nickel-covered one for the bridge, but there is none for the neck. The Epiphone stock neck pickups aren't that bad , I don't use the neck that much anyway.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43