Hey guys I'm going to go back to high school to study music theory and maths.

Now I'm just wondering if anyone else here has done what I'm going to do and if it is a good idea.

I feel pretty good about the idea as I am quite a kinetic learner and it will be challenging.

Anyway sorry, thoughts on this?
Prog flavored juice ... You tried it yet?

Shameless plot to promote zee band.
Shed 31
I haven't yet but I know a ton of people who have. Most of them say its really fun and they learn alot but AP Music Theory can be challenging. However normal music theory is not as hard.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Go for it!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by Its So Easy
I haven't yet but I know a ton of people who have. Most of them say its really fun and they learn alot but AP Music Theory can be challenging. However normal music theory is not as hard.

This is high school theory and once I complete it then I'll be moving onto the proper super hard stuff heh.

Shed 31
Theory I was not that hard honestly, infact it was pretty far from hard. Make sure you practice and apply what you are learning.
Quote by UtBDan
this man hits the nail on the head.
IMO there's no theory to learn in high school music that you can't learn on the internet or possibly on this forum. But in saying that, I'm from Australia and went to a public school; my senior music class was quite small and I definitely learned more outside of the lame curriculum by talking to the teacher about things that were relevant to me and by reading various books in my own time (but still not as much as I learned outside of the classroom).
If you're going to spend the time to go back to school, drain it for all it's worth; get the easy assessments out of the way and spend the rest of your time asking questions, reading, meeting other musicians, joining bands/other optional activities and most importantly using their facilities, instruments and other resources.
Making friends with the teacher goes a long way, even if it means faking your own musical tastes to make them like you.
lol guitar
Thanks for the input guys.

Serpentarius, I am left handed so using the equipment at the campus isn't probably an option but we'll see. I have tried learning from the internet etc and it definitely doesn't work for me.

What I'll do is check out whats available for me to do and post back when I get the information.

(Imagine someone holding up both thumbs.)

Shed 31
Quote by blueriver
Theory I was not that hard honestly, infact it was pretty far from hard. Make sure you practice and apply what you are learning.

this true times a douchillion im in first year at a music uni ant the harmony class is bull**** the highest it gets up to are flat directions, just get used to a lot of analysis drills
Originally Posted by jmac72187
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I went to a music school! It is fun to go to school and deal with music! after 11 years I still communicate with most of those friends I had in the school even though I am miles and miles away from them! Interestingly, you won't just study music in school and you can follow other interests, which is also great....as far as music courses, music theory can be challenging, but it is fun...remember practice comes first, respect others, and don't just rely on what you read in textbooks! you should be a total researcher in your field. Good Luck :-)
Quote by ArashShahry
I went to a music school! It is fun to go to school and deal with music! after 11 years I still communicate with most of those friends I had in the school even though I am miles and miles away from them! Interestingly, you won't just study music in school and you can follow other interests, which is also great....as far as music courses, music theory can be challenging, but it is fun...remember practice comes first, respect others, and don't just rely on what you read in textbooks! you should be a total researcher in your field. Good Luck :-)

I'm made of pure respect of people, I'm also no really worried about making friends or not as I'll probably be the youngest or the oldest in the class (It will most likely be an adult class as I left school about 7 or 8 years ago now).

But anyway thank you guys for being supportive, my friends here aren't being as welcome to idea as I thought they would be heh.

Shed 31