5 12%
Dunlop DB-01 Dimebag Crybaby From Hell
4 9%
Vox Joe Satriani Big Bad Dual Wah
3 7%
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
14 33%
Voters: 43.
I decided to start this poll to help people decide which wah to get if they play very versatile music like i do, just to hear some thoughts and see what people who have actually used it have to say about different what i'll call, super-wahs, that is wahs which are "supposed" to be able to get pretty much any wah tone, after this post, i will write sort of commentary on what each of the wahs that i list are like, from some personal experience, demos and videos, and word of mouth, as well as reviews,

hope this helps at least someone
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Personally I'd say the recent reissue of the old Ibanez WH10 unveiled at NAMM. It was one of the few vintage pedals I actually actively hunted for, I swear Ibanez has missed a huge profit margin the past decade or two on it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
I like my 535q idk if its super though.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
Morley BAd Horsie is best for metal, but not versatile. 535Q is by far the most versatile
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
In this post, i'm going to try and describe all the wahs i can to the best of my ability

Ibanez WD-7: This is the successor to the WD-10, which was one of the original multi sound wahs out there, by all accounts and sounds i've heard, it gets incredible tone for the price, but it tends to be quite specific, it gets very distortion specific wah sounds, this is good, because most super-wahs have weak points there, generally speaking this wah has mediocre construction, i would not suggest serious gigging or touring, but for bedroom use, if you like it, go for it

Morley Bad Horsie 2: Much different from most wahs, but you can say that about any morley really, honestly haven't heard much about this wah, but what i have heard has said that it works beautifully, just about vai's wah sound in a pedal, just like the name suggests, and due to the contour knob you can shape you're own "preset" of tone, construction is solid, but versatility is where i'm unsure, sorry

Crybaby 535Q: Argueably the most widespread multi-wah, joe satriani as well as many other guitarists have used this and created many a famous sound, however, the phrase, jack of all trades, master of none, comes to mind, from my personal experience i tend to find that it can do pretty much any sound or style, but in order to do it perfectly it will take minute tweaks, and even then it may not be perfect, but a good wah for sure

Crybaby from hell DB-01: Thought by many to be the unintentional big brother to the 535Q, it has most of the same tone, q, and frequency knobs to shape sound, as well as other new features like a volume boost, and, i believe, a built in distortion to use if you choose, made for dimebag, so built for war, and everything i've heard has said it's an amazing wah, i just wish i could find one at guitar center....they're normally all sold out, even the floor models

Vox Big Bad Wah: Made by Joe, so good for touring obviously, and it has two inductors, one voiced for US, and one original Vox from the V847, so if you want that clean type tone, this is a great place to look, anyway, it comes with another wah voicing which joe programed, which seems perfectly suitable for distortion, and with many tweakable options, there are many attractive things in this wah

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe: Made by one of the few in the US producers of high quality pedals, to say it's built well is a laughable understatement, very simple controls with three tones, classic vox (called "Jimi"), made the same way even, whacked which would be assumably good for high gain, and another, can't remember name, set for funk style wah sounds, one of the best wahs out there by my figuring
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
the most versatile wah ive ever played is the snarling dogs whine o wah. its the only wah ive ever heard that i actually like. very sharp sounding with three different modes, each has its own specific voicing. veerrrryyyy cool.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

I bought a second-hand Weeping Demon a few weeks ago and so far I have no complaints. I play really high-gain fast punk and it can pull off whatever I feel like pulling off.

...actually I have one complaint, but it's not about the pedal. I bought it for $160 [Australian] and inside the box was a receipt from April '07, the guy bought it new for $151. Yeah. Yeah. Bollocks to that.
Quote by necrosis1193
Personally I'd say the recent reissue of the old Ibanez WH10 unveiled at NAMM. It was one of the few vintage pedals I actually actively hunted for, I swear Ibanez has missed a huge profit margin the past decade or two on it.

WHAT?!!! GAS senses, activate!
The bad horsie is pretty versatile. I use it in a cover band for all kinds of music. Sounds good clean and dirty. With the contour knob you can have two different sounds on it.
Quote by necrosis1193

This

Quote by jof1029

And this
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
i also feel it is necessary to add the new MXR CAE Wah, it has two inductors which would give it even more versatility than the 535Q, and plus it has true bypass, so basically it's kinda the bastard child of the Crybaby from Hell and the 535Q,

also, i'm young, so i don't have much experience with older gear, would anyone care to describe the WH-10 for me? i love ibanez gear, i find that for a budget it gets top marks, no matter what you're looking for, except maybe amps...
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
Quote by Metalmaker

also, i'm young, so i don't have much experience with older gear, would anyone care to describe the WH-10 for me? i love ibanez gear, i find that for a budget it gets top marks, no matter what you're looking for, except maybe amps...

The Ibanez WH-10 wah is the wah that John Frusciante of RHCP uses, which is why it is so famous, but it is an excellant wah in it's own right, not just because JF uses it. It's also got a kind of unique sound, its not really a "traditional" wah sound. It first came out in the mid 80's, but was discontinued in the 90's because it was unreliable due to shotty parts and being made from plastic. Wilson effects makes an excellant clone of it (which I have). Ibanez has just recently announced that they are Reissuing the WH-10 in the form of the WH-10v2, which is now made of metal, not plastic, and has better quality guts.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
The Fulltone destroys all of them as far as tone but if your looking for the most versatile it doesn't come close
what i mean as best, is able to do anything from deathcore/metal, to jazz, and still have the best tone, so i've heard that the fulltone has the best tone, but if it can only do, lets say classic rock, than it isn't nearly a super-wah
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious