I have been wanting a tube amp for a while and its on sale for 150 usd at Musicians Friend. Is it worth it for a beginners tube amp? I want it mainly for cleans but id also like to get some sort of low warm over driven tone. What do you guys think?
Yeah, it'd be good for practice. Don't expect loads of gain from it, or volume, really.
Quote by Mitchell?
Yeah, it'd be good for practice. Don't expect loads of gain from it, or volume, really.

Well i dont really need lots of volume. So that will be good. Id like to crank it up a little bit anyway.
It's great. Use mine for recording. But FYI, it's $150 RETAIL at most places.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
that is a great amp to get some low-volume, true-tube tones out of. i have cranked one in GC and no one was was really mad at me id say get it.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
My parents are telling me to sleep on it and if i feel the same way tomorrow, then buy it. This is a good idea, but theres a used one for 136. And it might be gone. But its still only 150..
Id get it, played one and they sound fantastic for what they are. Great little practice amp.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??