I'm lookin for a new guitar. I should have more than enough money by christmas. Budget is about $500. I play hard rock/ heavy metal (GNR, BLS, LOG, Metallica). Nearest major city is Indianapolis. Hard tail only. And my amp is a Blackstar HT-5 (should be here in a couple weeks).I was really interested in the Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe and will probably buy that unless i come into a ridiculous amount of money somehow and will possibly get a Blackjack ATX or an LP. Any other suggestions I should look into? Thanks.

Hellraiser Deluxe
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Yeah the Schecter looks pretty sick, and amazing for its price. But it doesn't have a floyd rose... If you want one I would suggest an rg series Ibanez. =P
~Carl
Quote by DoubleyouW
Yeah the Schecter looks pretty sick, and amazing for its price. But it doesn't have a floyd rose... If you want one I would suggest an rg series Ibanez. =P

No in the OP I said hard tail only... I hate floyds. Well i don't hate them... they're fun to play with but I couldn't stand owning one and taking care of it
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by DoubleyouW

Did you not catch the hard tail only part?

I would go for the Schecter. They're great guitars, and they fit your genre well.
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
Quote by MetalGuitarest
a schecter damien 6 would be good

Yeah i thought about getting one of those and played them and it was pretty decent... but if i'm gonna spend that much it would be better to throw in another 100 for actives and IMO better inlays and colors
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by JayT44
No in the OP I said hard tail only... I hate floyds. Well i don't hate them... they're fun to play with but I couldn't stand owning one and taking care of it

There's a series of RGs with only hard tails. The Wizard-II necks feel like heaven, however, you might want to try them out first.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGR421EXFM-Electric-Guitar?sku=512459

This one is within your budget, I've heard the pickups are rather decent, and the neck, like I said, is very comfortable.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
My local store has Ibanez i'll see if they have any of those.... I was also interested in the LTD Ex401 (or any LTD in the 401 series) if I can find one in my price range.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by scott58

Nah... I'm not a big fan of Dean's and that thing is ugly as **** IMO
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Poo to anti-schecters.
If you like a thick neck get the Hellraiser DLX. Its one of the best budget metal guitars out there.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Have you ever played on a Schecter's neck? I love Schecters, but I just wish their neck was a little bit thinner.

Look at hardtail RG's, and also expand your horizons and try out a few Floyds/Edges.

Taking care of them really isn't as much of a hassle as you would imagine, I got one in my first guitar, and originally didn't like it, but after a few tuning and string changes, I can't see myself using a guitar without one. Especially with you, you have a backup guitar that you can put into like Standard/Drop D and then use the one with a floyd for D/Drop C.

Also if you can add another $100 to your budget, ESP-400+ series are beautiful

EX-401 http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EX401-ELECTRIC-GUITAR?sku=520112
S320 http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S320-S-Series-Electric-Guitar?sku=512503
Quote by TheBigProjekt
have a backup guitar that you can put into like Standard/Drop D and then use the one with a floyd for D/Drop C.]

Yeah i planned to get a Br00t4lz guitar for D/Drop C which is why I was looking at the Schecter DLX and ESP 401s (if i can find one used). My friend has a hellraiser and he let me borrow it for a few days and it was a pain in the ass for a floyd.... I don't play that much stuff that uses a floyd anyway so it's not really necessary.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 29, 2009,
bump
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Ibanez RGA42FM ftw! Though that's only 'cos i'm anti-schecter :P

Haha as soon as I saw "Metal guitar" and "$500", I immediately thought "azn_guitarist 25" and "RGA42FM"

I've tried that one, and it is very nice. I recommend you give it a spin too. The finish and overall shape are absolutely stunning, and it's got an EQ switch that turns on/off a preset EQ curve, a pretty unique feature from what I've seen. And active pickups, if you're into that sort of thing.
Last edited by The Red Comet at Jul 30, 2009,