So I have about $150 to spend on an effects pedal. I've been looking around at different pedals but I really don't know what I want to get. So, I was hoping some of you guys could give me some suggestions. If it helps any I'll list my current gear.

Current setup:
Mesa Triple Recto
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Red Witch Fuzz

Also, if it helps, I like music like Porcupine Tree and Muse.

Thanks for any help.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
If I were you, I would save my money until I knew what I really wanted. Meanwhile, watch as many PGS and Tone Factor demos as you can.

I'd look for a good OD, 'cause IMO everyone needs a great OD, a good delay, and any modulation effects that you're partial to.
Quote by Mitchell?
If I were you, I would save my money until I knew what I really wanted. Meanwhile, watch as many PGS and Tone Factor demos as you can.

I'd look for a good OD, 'cause IMO everyone needs a great OD, a good delay, and any modulation effects that you're partial to.

Well, I'd love a delay, flanger, reverb, or the like. I just don't really know what brands would be worth getting with my setup. I've had problems with certain pedals in the past not working too well with my Mesa.
For 40 or 50 bucks you can pick up a used Boss BF-2 Flanger on Ebay, which I have and it works awesome for the price. Great bang for your buck.

You can get the Made in Japan version too which is apparantly better.

For chorus I would go EHX Small Clone, I absolutely love mine.

For digital delay, the Hardwire one is awesome and I love my Boss DD-7.

For analog, I've heard good things about the Ibanez one, and the MXR Carbon Copy.

For phaser I would go with a Phase 90, I love mine, but I've heard a lot of people like the EHX Small Stone too so I would try both if you want a phaser.

Reverb, I liked the EHX Holy Grail I played, and I've heard good things about the Line 6 Verbzilla. Other than that I don't know.

As for working these, some of these (modulation mostly, along with a delay/possibly reverb too) will have to be run in the Effects Loop for best results when your using an overdriven sound through the amp.

Also as for what Mitchell said its spot on. Try to find out what effects you like and want the most.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
For 40 or 50 bucks you can pick up a used Boss BF-2 Flanger on Ebay, which I have and it works awesome for the price. Great bang for your buck.

You can get the Made in Japan version too which is apparantly better.

For chorus I would go EHX Small Clone, I absolutely love mine.

For digital delay, the Hardwire one is awesome and I love my Boss DD-7.

For analog, I've heard good things about the Ibanez one, and the MXR Carbon Copy.

For phaser I would go with a Phase 90, I love mine, but I've heard a lot of people like the EHX Small Stone too so I would try both if you want a phaser.

Reverb, I liked the EHX Holy Grail I played, and I've heard good things about the Line 6 Verbzilla. Other than that I don't know.

As for working these, some of these (modulation mostly, along with a delay/possibly reverb too) will have to be run in the Effects Loop for best results when your using an overdriven sound through the amp.

Also as for what Mitchell said its spot on. Try to find out what effects you like and want the most.

Actually I am looking at the EHX Stero Pulsar. I've listened to some sound clips and watched some videos and I'm pretty impressed by it. I may go down to the local shop and try one out.
First, for delay you need to look at two things first. Analog or digital. For most rock 'n roll purposes, IMO, go analog. If you want long repeats, super-clean repeats, reverse echo, tap-tempo, and looping, go digital.

Analog delays:

• EHX Memory Boy/Toy (not out yet)
  • used Malekko Echo 300
  • Ibanez AD9
  • used Lovepedal Echo Baby

Digital:

• Boss DD-7
  • Digitech DL-8
  • Used EHX Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai
  • used Line 6 DL4
  • used Tech 21 Boost D.L.A
  • T.C. Electronic RPT-1 (very good)