I have everything set up but i wanted a vintage type thing for my tremolo(and i am not paying 100-200 bucks for a floyd) so i deicded hey lets get a strat tremolo like they did in the 70s and 80s! but then i thought wait can the new strat tremolos be put on guitars other then the strat! so i came to ask!

Can i put a strat tremolo on my custom Flying V Guitar. I don't see why not, the holes for the brigde/tremolo need to be put in still so we can make a hole spefically for a strat tremolo in the body but is it possible to put the new strat tremolos into it and have it work good. I know there be tuning issues but i don't mind that.

So can I put a strat tremolo in my Custom Flying V?
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
I don't completely understand. Are you building a guitar or do you want to replace the bridge on one you already have?

If you're building then sure, stick any bridge you like on there. If you're talking about a replacement then I suppose it would work but you'd need to route out a cavity in the back for the springs and whatnot. That may not go down so well depending on how it's all wired up.
No its compeletty being made from scratch. We are building one. Just wanted to make sure its a good idea cause i heard nasty things about sticking wrong brigdes/tremolos on a custom guitar(ones being built not replaced).
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
In that case, I'd say go for it. Just make sure you position it right and can fit a cavity for the springs in the back.

Good luck.
i would look into khalers honestly. theyre much less invasive than a strat style, but work basically the same.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.