A few quick question for the finishing touches on the bass I defretted. I dyed it with black oil dye and did two or three coats 'cause I ****ed it up a little.

Can I still condition it with lemon oil? I wasn't sure because of the dye.

Should I clear coat it? I don't know if the dye will wear off or something but I like how it looks natural.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Did you use the fiebing's leather dye ?

IF so, then yes using lemon oil is safe. One of my fretboards was dyed and I condition it with the lemon oil. It's perfectly fine and recommended.
Yes, I did. Thanks, just making sure.

Oh, and how do you get this **** off your hand? My thumb and forefinger are black from getting dye on them.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It should wash off. If not...paint thinner?
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
Quote by BladeSlinger
Yes, I did. Thanks, just making sure.

Oh, and how do you get this **** off your hand? My thumb and forefinger are black from getting dye on them.

It won't wash off, it has to grow off.

Shed yer skin
pumice soap haha

and yeh id say put a clear coat on it. i used krylon clear coat, it dries fast and looks great. i believe i put 3 coats, wet sanded, then put 2 more
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Does anyone use dr. duck's ax wax? I like it, you can put it all over your bass.
I think I will clear coat it once I'm done. I could wash the stuff off so I used sand paper and sanded it off my fingers. I resanded it today because it wasn't smooth enough so I'll re-dye tomorrow. I have some Valspar Ultra Enamel, will that suffice? I might get some pictures up tomorrow as well.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls