Let's start with what I thought was wrong with it. Actually, what I thought was wrong with my Vader cab:

Months ago I got my newest cab, a Vader 2x15 600w. Everything was going smooth, I was breaking in the speakers, and even without an OD pedals it kicked @$$. Then get the great idea to match it with my Marshall 4x12 at 8 ohms and splitting it to 4 ohms. But since on the 8 ohms setting it only played out of the top left speaker I intentionally switched it to 16 ohms in order to play out of all 4 speakers.

I didn't notice change in anything till the next day when I had my OD pedals off. At the normal non-earsplitting volume the pre-amp seemed to have been cut back signicantly for my Vader and my Marshall lacked pre-amp as well and serious lack of bottom end.

BTW: It was not a problem with my power tubes, transformers (which I recelently swapped for Mercury tx's to accommodate KT-88's and still sounds the same with the lack of pre-amp) I've swapped the pre-amp tubes, and I swapped a new battery for my EMG's
I dont know man... once you start mixing and matching ohms you get into dangerous territory. Try just using the vader with just your head. match the ohms to that cabinet. if its still messed up, try your head with the marshall cabinet, if that works well, then i guess your vader is dead...... which sucks. If its not your cabinets you may just need to take the soldano to a tech.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Last edited by schtick_bomb at Jul 28, 2009,
So since I thought that did all I could for the amp then I was sure it was the cab/cabs that were the problem. Then I took it in today and we were trouble shooting it and guy was convinced it was just too much wattage and headroom for the amp/cab combo. Amp now at near 200 watts due to the KT-88's and Vader being 600 watts. I told him though that they kicked @$$ together before impedence mix-matched even without the OD pedal.

So I tell him to hook it up to spare cab in the shop. So he pulls out a Peavy 4x12 and it ends up sounding like the Marshall where it lacked pre-amp as well as bottom end. So now it seems like it may be a problem with the pre-amp section of the amp. Not just tube since I swapped them all out but maybe something internal on the pre-amp board. I need some trouble shooting help guys. Anythin constructive wou'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch
BTW, the amp and Vader still kick major @$$ but only with my OD pedal and 10 band activated. I just believe my sound may be too reliant on the pedals and not enough on the amp's pre-amp so I want to get that sound back.
Last edited by bdof at Jul 28, 2009,
Well, I'm not sure anyone on UG would be able to tell you what's wrong with it. I'd maybe take it in to Soldano? Don't they offer a life time warranty on their products?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Well, I'm not sure anyone on UG would be able to tell you what's wrong with it. I'd maybe take it in to Soldano? Don't they offer a life time warranty on their products?

I have the Avenger, so my warrenty's only 12 months and i've had it since Jan 08
Quote by bdof
Then get the great idea to match it with my Marshall 4x12 at 8 ohms and splitting it to 4 ohms. But since on the 8 ohms setting it only played out of the top left speaker I intentionally switched it to 16 ohms in order to play out of all 4 speakers.

I'm not sure I can help but I got confused on this part. You obviously know you need to match. What was the total impedance of both cabs? I don't think it is the preamp section but what do I know. I would be leaning more toward the power tubes and things like screen grid resistors. Are you playing it like that now? Do the tubes look fine? Maybe find someone close to you off craigslist or a Gear Forum that might be interested in coming over to help you out. I've considered that myself for things.

I doubt the cab is toast. I'm at a loss on the preamp section idea outside of swapping some new preamp tubes in thar.
are your tubes seated correctly?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
even the best amp tech on earth cant really tell you whats wrong just from a vague description.
the only way to know is to take it to a tech.
it sucks man, but bite the bullet, and take it to someone reputable.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Just aim for center mass and squeeze the trigger.