alright right now i have a small chance of getting a 120 watt crate combo amp that has been discontinued and only for 200 bucks. is it a good deal or a great deal. cuz im broke and im wondering if i should buy it.(broke as in i could buy it but i cant really risk it unless its a great deal)
Classical Guitarist
People are going to say it's a good deal, but face the facts, most likely its one of the ****ty solid state's that Crate has put out through the years, I would just get a quality Peavey Vypry 30 with that money.
^ i agree with Ghold. i'd pass on the crate.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Most definitely skip it. Crate tube amps aren't too shabby, but the solid states aren't so great. Follow the advice above!
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Don't get it man. I used to have a crate amp and it was of a bad series. It was rare to find one that worked and I happend to have one, but back to the point. Crate is like the squier of amps. It's a bottom line, last resort amp. Get it only if there's no other option and you need something bigger, just stay away man.
all you can do is try it first, dont let people on here prevent you from buying an amp, some of the older crates are actually pretty decent. if you dont like it.... dont buy it. the vypyr is a good way to go aswell.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Quote by Ghold125
People are going to say it's a good deal, but face the facts, most likely its one of the ****ty solid state's that Crate has put out through the years, I would just get a quality Peavey Vypry 30 with that money.

+OVER 9000!!!