I'm trying to get a good beatles bass sound but can't get it. I've been experimenting for a while and haven't found it. my amp head is a acoustic b200h. 6 band eq. I use a violin bass with flatwound strings, plus a pick.

any ideas?
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Last edited by basser4ever123 at Jul 28, 2009,
mids up.
lower the treble.
and put the bass about 6.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
what should i do about gain and the frequency? frequency is 250Hz at 12 o'clock.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
i believe most of McCartneys sound was thru his hofner bass. Probably does not help you, but I thought I'd point it out.
Try adding more delay.
Quote by telecastrmastr
i believe most of McCartneys sound was thru his hofner bass. Probably does not help you, but I thought I'd point it out.

no, it doesn't...

I use my neck pup only with the tone rolled all the way down, a fat pick, some mid boost, and at this point I think my frequency notch doesn't even do anything significant to my tone. This is for like tone in a song like Rain.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Palm mute with a pick to get that low thumping sound.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
alright. I use my pick hand and somewhat mute the strings. that kinda works. any others?

Quote by Hobble
Palm mute with a pick to get that low thumping sound.

The secret to Paul McCartney's tone is his mechanical neck hand string muting BEFORE plucking each note.

The thump is caused by each note's attack starting with no other note sustaining.