Armed Security Guards? (And why you should never steal from an Apple Store)

Poll: What Do You Think A Security Guard Should Be Allowed To Carry?
Poll Options
View poll results: What Do You Think A Security Guard Should Be Allowed To Carry?
Nothing; Use his strength
8 10%
Pepper Spray
15 19%
Taser
41 51%
Firearm
16 20%
Voters: 80.
Page 1 of 2
So today I was in the Apple Store and I saw a security guard just standing in the store. I know it's common for mall security to hang around the store just because of the value of the things in the store. But this was a security guard from a private company, hired by apple. I asked a worker in the store if he worked there and he said yes. But then I noticed that this Apple Security Guard had a taser on his hip. I thought that was weird, and a little bit of overkill for a security guard. Then he turned around and walked past me and I noticed he had a H&K USP on his other hip. A Security Guard in the Apple Store had one of these on his hip:

Now this is a guard, not trained by any set standard, carrying a gun in the Apple Store. The Apple Store is one of the most crowded stores in the mall, and they trust this man to shoot a robber in this store? So what do you think is too much for a security guard to have?
tl;dr Apple Store security guard carrying a Taser and an H&K USP
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Last edited by username94 at Jul 28, 2009,
That's no glock, that's an H&K USP. He's packing! Totally overkill.
maybe he's only there for shock purposes.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Flann
That's no glock, that's an H&K USP. He's packing!

Um...um...well he then he had an H&K USP, my stupidity and lack of gun knowledge, coupled with my ability to not notice the Heckler and Koch logo makes me fail.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Pepper spray should be as far as they're allowed to go. Leave the guns and tasers to the cops.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Are you like...allowed to shoot a robber in his back (running away from you) because he's stealing something?

Like if the robber has no deadly force, he just shoplifted something..and was running, that seems like a tad too much.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
u can carry/ have a concealed weapons permit. actually some states prefer that you have it visible. if citizens can carry a gun, and a security guard is a citizen, security guards can probably carry gun.

do i think he should be carrying a gun? no, not unless he went through hours of training, has all the documentation, etc.
Quote by MattAnderson111
Are you like...allowed to shoot a robber in his back (running away from you) because he's stealing something?

Like if the robber has no deadly force, he just shoplifted something..and was running, that seems like a tad too much.

you could threaten/scare him with a firearm.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
A taser at the most.
With Pepper Spray robbers can still run away and with nothing he's ****ed.
Quote by MercyfulFate505
How do you know he's never been trained?

I never said he wasn't trained, I said security guards aren't held to a universal training standard like Cops in the U.S
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours

Dimebag had a worse gig.
It's probably more for preventive purposes. The whole theory that if you see a man with a gun, you don't **** with him. Or his stuff.
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
he probably wouldnt just use it though, like if he saw somebody stealing. id imagine he uses it like police use their guns; only in situations where their life is threatened.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Well it was a display of force, what if this guy was ever confronted with a situation? How do we know he won't reach for it?
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Theres a security guard at my local mall, which has no Apple store (but does have a Coach store), who wears a flak jacket, black gloves, and must be at least 6 foot 5, 200 lbs plus. He at least has a Glock and a taser, maybe some other stuff. Needless to say, just the sight of this guy discourages shoplifters. So I'm guessing they employ guys like this for shock value.
Quote by qotsa1998
Theres a security guard at my local mall, which has no Apple store (but does have a Coach store), who wears a flak jacket, black gloves, and must be at least 6 foot 5, 200 lbs plus. He at least has a Glock and a taser, maybe some other stuff. Needless to say, just the sight of this guy discourages shoplifters. So I'm guessing they employ guys like this for shock value.

we have 4 guys like that at our mall. everytime i see them walking together, i start thinking what color pill i should take
>.>
<.<
/lame reference
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by username94
I never said he wasn't trained, I said security guards aren't held to a universal training standard like Cops in the U.S

To a certain point they are, they have to be certified, and undergo nearly as much training as a cop. Add on all the certifications and regulations for private security companies.... They're basically privately funded police forces.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by Shirate
To a certain point they are, they have to be certified, and undergo nearly as much training as a cop. Add on all the certifications and regulations for private security companies.... They're basically privately funded police forces.

But even Police Officers are trained to not fire in a crowded place like that, so why put him there with a deadly weapon?
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Quote by 36mikeyb36
Maybe he's compensating for his small weiner.

This.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Because any denzien can concealed carry. Having an armed guard just keeps piece of mind.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Im presuming this america were talking about...Heres the real question, why can anyone freely obtain a gun from a supermarket?
All I know is I have all my pistol permit paper work sitting here and I think I just might go for that instead of the sig.
I think pepper spray is enough..maybe even too much

in a crowded place like the apple store, there'd never really be a safe time to shoot without risking other people's lives
same goes for tasers.. in a place like that apple store, if you shoot a robber, you have a good chance of hitting others. if the robber is armed (I would assume he would be in this case, if it's severe enough to call for a taser), tazing him would still leave a good chance for him to take a swing with a knife at bystanders, or fire off a shot

pepperspray could get bystanders, but it may be nessecary in some cases.

if theres an armed robbery, I don't think that should be part of the security guard's job. let the robber take the stuff, and don't risk other innocent people's lives. it's the job of the police after that, IMO
Quote by M!TCH
Im presuming this america were talking about...Heres the real question, why can anyone freely obtain a gun from a supermarket?

wtf are you talking about?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by username94
But even Police Officers are trained to not fire in a crowded place like that, so why put him there with a deadly weapon?

Tasers and pepper spray can both be deadly weapons, if used improperly, or if they malfunction. Think about it, are you going to bet you can run out of the store with that iPod before he pulls that gun? And he won't need to shoot anyone, if he pulls it out, and says drop it or I shoot, you sure as hell aren't going to keep running.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

Quote by qotsa1998
There's a security guard at my local mall, which has no Apple store (but does have a Coach store), who wears a flak jacket, black gloves, and must be at least 6 foot 5,200 lbs plus. He at least has a Glock and a taser, maybe some other stuff. Needless to say, just the sight of this guy discourages shoplifters. So I'm guessing they employ guys like this for shock value.

wow that guy is HUGE!
LOL
Last edited by BlitzkriegAir at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by Strato-Massacre
wtf are you talking about?

edit: for the dude above me, ok...msg removed lol
Last edited by M!TCH at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by MattAnderson111

Right, because all of the robbers simple shoplift. They never have guns, and obviously if you have a gun, that means that you're going to use it. You couldn't run after the shoplifter.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by M Power
All I know is I have all my pistol permit paper work sitting here and I think I just might go for that instead of the sig.

IMO, if I had a pistol I'd so get this H&K, it looks so sweet. Sig Sauer's look like pussy's compared to H&K's.
Quote by The Kreator
rubber facking bullets mang.

There have been instances where trained police officers have killed people accidentally with Pepper Spray, Tasers, Rubber Bullets, Bean Bag's, etc. That's why police officers now classify those as "less-lethal" as opposed to "non-lethal" to remind the officers that a mistake with those can still kill someone.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Wal-Mart doesn't sell ammunition last time i checked, but I think a baseball bat would be more dangerous then a gun in wal-mart.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by M!TCH
Im talking about walmart you noob. The security has a position of authority/trust and i dont see it as being too bad for him to carry one, but id be more worried about the other ppl walking around in the shop and what they have...

Walmart is a retail store, and it's not like you can walk out with a gun on the same day. There is a wait period, wherein they do criminal background checks, and an FBI database scan.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Tasers are a definate....

I think the gun could be overkill
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by qotsa1998

lol wut
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by MattAnderson111
Wal-Mart doesn't sell ammunition last time i checked, but I think a baseball bat would be more dangerous then a gun in wal-mart.

For as long as they have sold guns, they have sold ammo. Although, if you are carrying a weapon, they can't sell you ammo for that gun.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Page 1 of 2