Poll: is it true?
Poll Options
View poll results: is it true?
Yes
29 34%
No
56 66%
Voters: 85.
how many people believe that Robert Johnson went to the crossroads and sold his soul to the devil. I do, what do you think?
Wasn't it actually Tommy Johnson who did that? They just said that about R.J. because he was so good.
I imagine it would be quite difficult to sell something that doesn't exist to a mythological creature.
"Perception of Balance " - My album.

"Run away from the ending road, the desolate cold, and the broken home."
Robert Johnson is awesome.

This thread belongs in the jazz/blues forum.

That is all.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by Flann
Wasn't it actually Tommy Johnson who did that? They just said that about R.J. because he was so good.

Yeah this guy's right.
has a terrible signature.

I laughed my ass off when I found this in a bookstore. A manga about the untold story of Robert Johnson. It bore a striking reskgemblance to Bluesklok.
it's a cool legend but no he just isolated himself for a couple years and practiced his ass off
He may have, but he was NOT the first.

2 words:

Niccolò Paganini

HE sold his sold to the devil, no doubt.
The proof is that Ralph Nachio's character played His 5th Caprice to beat Steve Vai.
No.

I've read countless stories told by friends of his 'bout how he never set that guitar down. His brilliance was just pure, raw talent. Like Hendrix, or Stevie Ray. The Devil story most likely was started by him, he used it the same way that Alestorm uses pirate ****. It was a gimmick. A very, VERY good gimmick, but a gimmick nonetheless.

Also, he was a god.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
He really doesn't even seem like such a great player to me. Maybe it's just because I'm not very familiar with pre-'40s blues.
i think it would be brilliant if it were possible, but like many of us have stated already, he just cut himself off from the world and practised his butt off
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
I don't believe in the supernatural, and while he was great it's not like he was superhuman, I've heard better players.

EDIT: So, the Supernatural episode? Mildly entertaining but ultimately formulaic and predictable, or mildestly entertaining but ultimately formuliac and predictable?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by urik
It was Steve Vai.

He sold his soul to Steve Vai?!

I knew there wasn't something quite right about Mr. Vai
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by Jehuty
You haven't seen the movie have you?

No, but I do know about it, I was making a crappy joke saying Steve Vai is the Devil
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.